FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-23-2016, 04:40 PM

Default Browning Customer Service is Awful!

I have a Browning shotgun that is just over a year old and it turns out their solid walnut stock isn't quote so solid. It has several cracks in it so I sent it off fully expecting it to be covered under warranty. Wrong, they want 200 bucks to fix it. I said to just send the gun back and was told I still owe them 30 dollars to cover their "technician fee" which means some guy opening the box and saying "no, charge him for a new stock".

I was heated about it but eventually decided to just give in and let them fix it but vowed never to buy ANY Browning products again. Then I get an invoice saying they won't have it fixed until January of 2017!!! What? I can hand carve a stock in less time than that! I'm going to just pay the 30 bucks and get my gun back, it works fine as it is.

Never buy a Browning product and if you do, you better hope you never have to send it off and deal with this level of incompetence. They make Comcast look like a dream.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 08-23-2016, 04:49 PM

No way in HELL I would pay them that kind of money for a new stock. BTW, found them for 90 dollars in either Monte Carlo or Field style.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
They make Comcast look like a dream.

I thought no one was as bad as Comcast or Verizon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 06:10 PM

Geeze! thats insane!
Im with ya.....pay your $30 and have them ship it back. Who in thier right mind would pay that? Bad, bad customer service on brownings part. I would have expected more from them.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:04 AM

Yeah buy your own and replace! That's too bad.

Mike

Mike
Old 08-24-2016, 07:30 AM

The guys at BassPro are pretty upset about it too, they said this is some of the worst customer service they've seen from Browning and that they have really gone downhill in recent years. They have had several of their regular gun buying customers refuse to buy another Browning, they can add another person to that list.

I just want my gun back, early wood duck and teal season is right around the corner. I'll gladly by an aftermarket stock that fits and do it myself, I don't care if it's more than Browning wanted, I'm not giving them a cent more of my hard earned money.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 08-24-2016, 08:47 AM

Sad to hear, JMB must be rolling over in his grave. I gazed at a new Marlin/Freedom Venture Group .45-70 last month in Stainless/Laminate, the stock was not fitted to the receiver precisely, the rear sight was crooked on the barrel to the left and the action was harsh. I simply couldn't justify spending 700 clams for a gun that would have to have hundreds of dollars of gunsmithing to be an acceptable firearm. In your case a well thought out correspondence to Brownings president is in order, often more-than-not, issues like these never reach administration.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Sorry to hear this Jimmy, there is no excuse for that. Sarah bought a Silver Hunter last year, but turned around and sold it after two weeks of shooting 200 rounds. She just didn't like the feel. So she went with Beretta and really likes it. Fortunately we haven't had to deal with any warranty, or service issues, and probably has went through 1000 rounds so far.