FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-23-2016, 08:26 PM

Default Fall Bass Fishin

So this will really be my first fall fishing season here between deployments and training rotations and was wondering what the bass fishing is like. Is there a time where activity picks up? I was out on the river sunday when it was nice and cool and caught a bunch of smaller bass on a buzzbait off a rocky shore, id love to be able to keep doing that but not sure if it had to do with the weather nor not. any tips for finding them around here in the fall are much appreciated!

Last edited by brewer88; 08-23-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:08 AM

Fishing in the fall is fun and frustrating at the same time. The fish are easy to find. They roam around with the bait. You know you are all around them bc they are schooled up and busting bait everywhere. Getting them to bite is another story sometimes. Topwater, rattle trap, squarebill, spinnerbait, etc.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Fishing in the fall is fun and frustrating at the same time. The fish are easy to find. They roam around with the bait. You know you are all around them bc they are schooled up and busting bait everywhere. Getting them to bite is another story sometimes. Topwater, rattle trap, squarebill, spinnerbait, etc.
I agree with Texas Rig.

Find them busting on bait, and get a bait in there. Sometimes the bait is so thick, it's hard to compete. I still think we have a few weeks before the fall pattern begins.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 10:17 AM

Bass will start to move shallow as the water temp drops and are very heavily focused on feeding for the Winter months. Beware, a cold front in Fall will ruin the fishing a lot more than in the Spring. I typically will fish into mid to late October and then it's fully hunting season for me so I leave it alone until Spring time.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff