FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-23-2019, 09:05 PM

Default Dale Hollow Report

My sister and I fished DH today and if doesn't seem as far along as Center Hill. I just fished a fall pattern today just to see. I knew pretty quick there had to be a better way to catch them but I stayed very shallow in the backs of creeks and pockets. Today was a perfect day for fishing shallow and I ended up only catching 7 on a buzzbait and 1 on a jig. My sister caught a couple on a rage bug. I only ended up with 3 keepers.

There is a lot of bait in the backs of the creeks and pockets but it's tiny tiny bait. There is some balls of decent sized shad back there but I didn't see any schooling or chasing. Water temp was 81-83*.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
My sister and I fished DH today and if doesn't seem as far along as Center Hill. I just fished a fall pattern today just to see. I knew pretty quick there had to be a better way to catch them but I stayed very shallow in the backs of creeks and pockets. Today was a perfect day for fishing shallow and I ended up only catching 7 on a buzzbait and 1 on a jig. My sister caught a couple on a rage bug. I only ended up with 3 keepers.

There is a lot of bait in the backs of the creeks and pockets but it's tiny tiny bait. There is some balls of decent sized shad back there but I didn't see any schooling or chasing. Water temp was 81-83*.
Thanks for the report, was debating whether to go there or CH this weekend

Probably should stay home and fish since I've caught 10 keepers the last two days lol