FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-04-2018, 07:19 PM

Default Old Hickory Feb 4

Ok, hit the water on Old Hick at 10:00 AM this morning, nice and calm. Fished mid-lake out of Avondale from Bluegrass to Cedar Creek. Water temp 44 degrees. Water clarity averaged 3’. Used deep cranks on points, no luck. Idled around and side scan everything from ledges to flats to creek channels. Very few bait pods, no diving birds indicating dying shad. Tried football jigs, creature baits, slow rolled spinner baits, depths from 6’ to 25’, whatever. Perhaps should have run to the dam but finger tips were frost bit. Oh well, got some time on the water.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:35 PM

good report.. getm next time.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:03 PM
Fishing Fool

We were across from cedar creek today and it was the same for us. It was like everything was just dead water!!! Can’t wait till spring and predictable fishing!!!!!!! 🤦*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2018, 03:27 AM

If you guys are looking for bass or rockfish then try the steam plant. The rockfish are always there this time of year, and the bass are stacked in there to right now. Some decent bass too. I went in there the other day for the first time since the cokd weather has set in and we caught about 15 bass in 2 hours. We had 4 keepers. The key to bass fishing the steam plant this time of year is to fish the less pressured water. That warm water runs out of that canal and keeps the water both up river and down river pretty warm for a few hundred yards both ways. You don't necessarily have to be fishing in the canal. Shallow wood was the key the other day. I caught most of mine on a jig and a couple on a spinnerbait. My buddy caught all of his on a texas rigged grub in green pumpkin.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Fishing Fool

I’ve got some places in the steam plant that regularly produces for me. Problem with that is in a tournament situation, if you don’t get there first, then it’s a waiting game. And these guys know where the fish are at too. Last tournament when we got to GSP, there was 3 boats there, and all in spots I know about. So we just started casting. Only picked up one keeper that day. That’s why we went up to cages bend to do some looking and see what we could come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk