FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-06-2019, 09:56 PM

Default Fishing has sucked so bad...

I almost broke out the Ned Rig! Can't buy a Bass!!!
Old 09-07-2019, 09:49 AM

It has been tough
Old 09-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I almost broke out the Ned Rig! Can't buy a Bass!!!

Fishing was on fire and then they cut the current flow to nothing!!!! I’m like you, the fish I have been catching are now suspended or gone and I can’t buy a keeper bite let alone a quality bite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 11:58 PM

So it's not just us! I swear I know how to do this. I think. Maybe. Screw it, I don't know any more!
Old 09-08-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
So it's not just us! I swear I know how to do this. I think. Maybe. Screw it, I don't know any more!
Tough fishing is subjective, for me getting 4 fish in a day is tough but Texas Rig catches 40 and that's a tough day for him lol
Old 09-08-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Tough fishing is subjective, for me getting 4 fish in a day is tough but Texas Rig catches 40 and that's a tough day for him lol
Easy buddy! I've been playing golf lately for a reason lol. I haven't really fished much at all in the last 5 or 6 weeks because I was struggling so bad. I have had success on OH the last couple times I went out but I was going in with the mindset that I wouldn't catch much. Also, I wasn't catching any decent fish either really. A few 14-15 inchers here and there but mostly dinks. Usually I do something different if I'm catching dinks but I knew better.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:07 PM

This fish was the highlight of my day at OH aboya week ago. I hadn't been on the lake in forever and didn't think I'd catch squat. I had caught a few and fished this tree and got a good bite but couldn't catch it. I thought it was a big fish. I went back to it later and caught the fish. I still thought it was a 3-4lber when It bit again. So yea these are the kind of fish that get me excited lately lol. You will have to excuse the poor recording and commentary from my goofball best friend
Old 09-08-2019, 04:08 PM

Nevermind, I tried to upload a video and can't. It was about a 2.5lber that I swore was a 4lber before I got it in the boat.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:43 PM

I also went and fished The Cumberland river on Wednesday this past week and if you just want to catch fish then I would suggest giving it a shot. We put in the stones river and fished the Cumberland from the dam down to about 1 mile past the stones. I caught around a dozen fish and my buddy the same. We caught largemouth, smallmouth, spots, drum, gar, and catfish. No bass over 3lbs but if you just want to get bit then I would suggest giving it a shot.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I also went and fished The Cumberland river on Wednesday this past week and if you just want to catch fish then I would suggest giving it a shot. We put in the stones river and fished the Cumberland from the dam down to about 1 mile past the stones. I caught around a dozen fish and my buddy the same. We caught largemouth, smallmouth, spots, drum, gar, and catfish. No bass over 3lbs but if you just want to get bit then I would suggest giving it a shot.
We have been going to Melton Hill and chasing schools of shad and the bass pushing them, been catching a lot of numbers but nothing big, most avg around 16" but also running into hybrids that put up a huge fight

Other than that I've been avg one 18" bass per 8 hours of fishing at other lakes lol
Old 09-09-2019, 12:32 PM

I'm starting to realize now why all the Youtubers go to private ponds!
Old 09-09-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:

Ha! Head out to Lake Waterloo but don’t get caught!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
If you guys are interested in doing something different for a video then maybe think about gar. When we were on the Cumberland river the other day the gar were very easy to find and get to bite. Obviously keeping them hooked up was a different story but very exciting non the less. They were sitting right on the bank facing in the current in about a foot of water. I was flipping a little grub to them and they would strike almost every time. I know people use rope as bait and their teeth get hung in the rope and they stay on long enough to get in the boat
Old 09-10-2019, 10:52 AM

Earlier this yr I was throwing a net for some shad just below Cordell Hull dam when I caught 2 long nose gar, at once even... once was about 2' and the other 3'. I tried to give them to the guy up the bank but he didn't want them so I threw them back in. I never even saw one before..
Old 09-10-2019, 11:54 AM

Gonna have to do something. I don't think a "Baby Bass" video is going to be very interesting.