FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-18-2019, 02:21 PM

Default Old Hickory 5/18 AM

Couldn’t sleep so I rolled out at 0400 to do some full moon fishing. Wonderful morning, beautiful moon and glass calm conditions. The fish were in the willow grass in 1 - 4’ and the buzzbait was apparently the ticket. I couldn’t get strikes on a frog, floating worm, chatterbait or spinner bait but they darn sure wanted to kill a buzzbait. Skillet there was no shad spawn that I could find, mid-lake Cages Bend area.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Couldn’t sleep so I rolled out at 0400 to do some full moon fishing. Wonderful morning, beautiful moon and glass calm conditions. The fish were in the willow grass in 1 - 4’ and the buzzbait was apparently the ticket. I couldn’t get strikes on a frog, floating worm, chatterbait or spinner bait but they darn sure wanted to kill a buzzbait. Skillet there was no shad spawn that I could find, mid-lake Cages Bend area.

Appreciate the info. The shad HAVE to be doing something tomorrow then. The water temp is where it needs to be, the moon is full, and the lake is full of shad that need to get laid!!! Perfect conditions. It’s like my high school prom all over again, without a trunk full of alcohol and a box of condoms!!! 😂🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk