FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 09-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Moved and ready to fish.

Finished moving and all setup so it is quick to load and go...life is good.

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0710 Kayak gear.jpg (3.15 MB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0711 Fishing gear.jpg (2.75 MB, 51 views)
Old 09-01-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Finished moving and all setup so it is quick to load and go...life is good.

Regards
I like the set up. I really need to get my garage organized and get a set up like yours. I know a couple guys that there garage looks like a small tackle store
Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I like the set up. I really need to get my garage organized and get a set up like yours. I know a couple guys that there garage looks like a small tackle store
Thanks......I don't have that much tackle...meaning lures. When you fish UL 90 percent of the time not many lures to have. It's taken me a long time to realize the exact rods...reels I want...and will use. Took just a few dollars to buy the shelving and I got the rod racks from Mike Dial very reasonably priced. For the first time in many years I can now put a quick hand on any item I am looking for...get loaded and out the door. The garage becoming a place for fishing gear was non negotiable for me. Before in my old house my gear was all in the living room but the kayaks were kept in girl friends garage. This is a much better setup. Looking to upgrade kayaks in February....glad I am set up for it.

Regards
Old 09-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Fishing TN Staff

Very nice, clean and organized setup Alpha. Congrats on getting into a house with a garage.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTNKayakAngler View Post
Very nice, clean and organized setup Alpha. Congrats on getting into a house with a garage.

Thanks Jeremy. In next two years looking to buy a single story home with a detached garage to have more room for kayaks....fishing gear. But very happy to finally be in a garage. By the way how is your boat house coming along?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Mine looks like a gorilla tackled the small tackle store out there right now.

Nice setup Alpha. I dream of mine and the days a boat fit in there or maybe on a rainy day a car.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
Mine looks like a gorilla tackled the small tackle store out there right now.

Nice setup Alpha. I dream of mine and the days a boat fit in there or maybe on a rainy day a car.
Thanks Travis. Yeah my living room in the last house was a nightmare. I used a second bed room as a den but had way too much stuff to fit in a small living room. I want to get a boat again in a couple of years...the reason for finding a place with a bigger detached garage.

Regards
Old 09-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Uummmm Nice ... <'TK><

Randy, You have been in my shop ... My wife would like for you to take 6 weeks off and reorganize it ... Note !!! I have reorganized it twice in 9 years ... The last time it was reorganized I hung my 1 pound ball Penn Hammer on the peg board on my work bench ... I haven't seen it since .!!!

It use to be under a pile of shop towels stacked on top of a box full of starter motors and VRO fuel pumps on the floor beneath my Micro Fiche machine ... ... I always knew where it was ...

I really wish you wouldn't post pic's like these ...it gives FTI a bad name ... <'TK><
Old 09-02-2014, 06:06 AM

Alpha, looks great. You need a spot on HGTV.
As soon as you finish with Travis and TK you can organize mine----------for the umpteenth time.
I have about 100' of shelving. And stuff from floor to ceiling in front of the shelves.
What is the upcoming yak?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Randy, You have been in my shop ... My wife would like for you to take 6 weeks off and reorganize it ... Note !!! I have reorganized it twice in 9 years ... The last time it was reorganized I hung my 1 pound ball Penn Hammer on the peg board on my work bench ... I haven't seen it since .!!!

It use to be under a pile of shop towels stacked on top of a box full of starter motors and VRO fuel pumps on the floor beneath my Micro Fiche machine ... ... I always knew where it was ...

I really wish you wouldn't post pic's like these ...it gives FTI a bad name ... <'TK><
TK it might take a year with all the gear you have there...LOL. That is a real shop though. Full of history....Hawger Poles......antique motors. Scrap books full of pics which included many folks I knew 45 years ago. My garage one just gets a few items and puts in the vehicle and goes...in your shop one comes and stays all day looking at things like one was in a museum.

Regards
Old 09-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Alpha, looks great. You need a spot on HGTV.
As soon as you finish with Travis and TK you can organize mine----------for the umpteenth time.
I have about 100' of shelving. And stuff from floor to ceiling in front of the shelves.
What is the upcoming yak?
Looking to get a Native Propel Slayer 10. Tired of fighting the wind while fishing for Gills. A hundred feet of shelving! Thats a lot of gear....I wish I had the room for that much shelving. I'm sure you have seen the fishing shows with Hank Parker....Jarrett Edwards....they have these huge buildings with all the fishing gear in the world in them. That's got to be pretty darn nice to have all that room just for fishing gear.

Regards
Old 09-02-2014, 09:18 AM

I am counting linear feet. The shelves are 4 high. Additionally I have one wall of cabinets that I use from a kitchen remodel. Plus an old six drawer dresser. I have to remove stuff from in front of them to open the doors.
I may be on the hoarding show on TV some day.
All this is not fishing equipment. Lawn equipment is also in there.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:51 AM

Are you keeping all your kayaks you have now when you but the new one? If you get rid of one let me know, I would like a nicer fishing kayak.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Are you keeping all your kayaks you have now when you but the new one? If you get rid of one let me know, I would like a nicer fishing kayak.

Will keep you in mind. I will be selling the BG II. Have to keep Coosa for rivers.....mainly the Caney. But still on fence...... That Propel 10 is over 2 grand....a lot of money.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk