FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-24-2015, 03:35 PM

Default Sand Blasting Trailer

Im looking to get my boat trailer into a place that can sand blast it down to clean metal. Talking a complete job of leaf springs, wheel wells, bunk brackets, the whole 9 yards. anybody here know of anyplace that does something like that?
Ive considered the wire wheel and drill routine to do it myself, but what would take me weeks to do could take a day for a blaster. unless there is a faster way than a wire wheel and drill.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:46 PM

You find out let me know I'm was going to degrease mine and sand it to paint it. It's going to take forever.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:45 PM

Been poking around the interwebs and see that Northern Tool sells a kit that attaches to.a power washer. The water pressuer sucks the sand from a secondary bucket thru a tube and the water and sand mix at the nozzle and blasts away. Its $65 so that might be an option.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:16 PM

The absolute cheapest I have found is S & S Sandblasting in Lawrenceburg. I have a number of 931-722-7419 He did a 16' trlr for me a few years ago. He blasted it and primed it for somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 I don't know if it is higher now, but it was a deal then.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:33 PM

Try Stripmasters in Nashville. They do media blast and a wet/crushed glass blast as well. Speak to Joan and tell her her favorite nephew sent ya.
TerryD
Old 03-25-2015, 12:17 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Media blasting ...<'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Try Stripmasters in Nashville. They do media blast and a wet/crushed glass blast as well. Speak to Joan and tell her her favorite nephew sent ya.
TerryD
There is a place here in Lebanon who does this right off the interstate (1-40) ... I pass there everyday but have never stopped in ... what I hear is that they are reasonable ... $$$$ .... I'll check them out and repost ... <'TK><
Old 03-25-2015, 08:38 AM

We have a sand blaster system and did our jon boat trailers a few years back. Complete job wheels off and everything. It is a task and worth the price. Most time consuming part is obviously taking things off then putting on but when actually blasting you have to move methodically but not really slowly as it can burn through some metals.

I personally would go the blasting route over a wheel/sand paper.

There are systems that use beads over sand but not sure if they apply to the size of a trailer. Those systems are more forgiving on burning through a metal and safer.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:03 PM

Thanks for all the input guys! i will look into all this stuff and get something in the works soon!