FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-15-2017, 09:00 PM
Newsome

Default Question About Priest

Question for you guys who fish Priest.... is the fishing better when they are pulling water? I get that this would generate more underwater current, but I'm not sure how that helps or where this would make the fishing better. Maybe it makes no difference at all?
Old 06-16-2017, 08:47 AM

I not sure it makes a difference. I have had plenty of good days with and without the pull.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Sunfish Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewsome View Post
Question for you guys who fish Priest.... is the fishing better when they are pulling water? I get that this would generate more underwater current, but I'm not sure how that helps or where this would make the fishing better. Maybe it makes no difference at all?
When they are generating it will pull the fish tight to cover making them easier to catch if you know where the cover is.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:25 PM

Current or lack there of is always at least good information. Current often ignites gamefish to feed. It also often positions gamefish in predictable locations. Usually they will get behind something blocking the current where it will wash food in front of their face.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:49 PM

Thats a good question. I personally would think that a lake like priest it would not make a difference. My logic is that dam is so small in comparison, that whatever they are pulling through it would have minimal impact. Now a lake like Old Hickory , Cordell Hull, G-Ville, ect....those lakes both pull and push water with the dams on either end creating more current, in turn forcing fish to stage in your typical current breaks and ambush locations.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:08 PM
TN Transplant

Default Question About Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
Thats a good question. I personally would think that a lake like priest it would not make a difference. My logic is that dam is so small in comparison, that whatever they are pulling through it would have minimal impact. Now a lake like Old Hickory , Cordell Hull, G-Ville, ect....those lakes both pull and push water with the dams on either end creating more current, in turn forcing fish to stage in your typical current breaks and ambush locations.

I tend to agree with this thinking. Rarely much noticeable current on Priest and I really don't think it's a big factor. For me, wind is usually the bigger deal on that lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 08:49 AM
Newsome

Excellent replies. I love learning and getting other opinions from others who may have more experience. Great info. Thanks for taking time to answer.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:31 PM

IMO, when pulling water on Priest I stay home. I cannot catch a fish on Priest when they are pulling. Luckily they rarely pull water at Priest dam so not a big issue.

They can pull a tremendous of water at times on Priest, way more than enough to notice it.