FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-05-2019, 01:22 PM

Default Roll Call 9/6-8

Who is going fishin? I'm trying to fish below old hick on Saturday. Been the best place in the area for me. I'm FINISHED for a couple weeks fishin for crappie. I'm probably trolled enough this summer to go around the banks of the lake 3 times.

I want some big old catfish.

the tug is the drug
Old 09-05-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy15 View Post
Who is going fishin? I'm trying to fish below old hick on Saturday. Been the best place in the area for me. I'm FINISHED for a couple weeks fishin for crappie. I'm probably trolled enough this summer to go around the banks of the lake 3 times.

I want some big old catfish.

the tug is the drug

I've never fished below the dam and those so called catfish.. those things are illusive like big foot. I keep hearing about it but haven't seen one on the end of my line so far this yr
Old 09-06-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I've never fished below the dam and those so called catfish.. those things are illusive like big foot. I keep hearing about it but haven't seen one on the end of my line so far this yr
Honestly get a sabiki rig and catch some skip jack. nothing on the river will resist them. You wont be skunked again. I'll be there and if I have a spot open on my tiny jon boat you can park your butt on it and we will get tight.

Only rules,
NO talk of Politics or Religion period.
No guns.
Clean your own fish.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:06 PM

You out here? Flatline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
You out here? Flatline!

Sorry Buzz, didn't see your reply until now.. Had some business to take care of the last couple days and I'm in the middle of smoking a pork shoulder right now.

You are right.. no place for religion or politics while fishing

Maybe next time ?
Old 09-08-2019, 04:57 PM

Absolutely next time. We had a lot of fun.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:33 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Honestly get a sabiki rig and catch some skip jack. nothing on the river will resist them. You wont be skunked again. I'll be there and if I have a spot open on my tiny jon boat you can park your butt on it and we will get tight.

Only rules,
NO talk of Politics or Religion period.
No guns.
Clean your own fish.
Why no guns?
Old 09-11-2019, 10:13 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Why no guns?
Good Question... TK
Old 09-11-2019, 11:33 AM

I understand his request of no gun... Although I am permitted to carry and have to go thru several back ground checks ever couple yrs as well periodical when I am involved with sensitive military or power plant business. I see others that carry that I wonder how they are allowed out the house. Personally I would like to at least meet up with a person a time or two before I would feel comfortable around them, especially with a gun.

My boat my rules, your boat your rules...
Old 09-11-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I understand his request of no gun... Although I am permitted to carry and have to go thru several back ground checks ever couple yrs as well periodical when I am involved with sensitive military or power plant business. I see others that carry that I wonder how they are allowed out the house. Personally I would like to at least meet up with a person a time or two before I would feel comfortable around them, especially with a gun.

My boat my rules, your boat your rules...

Flatline you nailed it. Glad to see you have a good understanding of caution.

I’m very pro gun, but I’m also pro drinking. Guns and booze don’t mix. I have to see if you’re a water rat.

If you cannot go fishing without a gun then I have questions about you. I’ve never ever fired a shot while fishing and I go about 100 days a year, every year.

Good enough for ya?

Old 09-11-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Flatline you nailed it. Glad to see you have a good understanding of caution.

I’m very pro gun, but I’m also pro drinking. Guns and booze don’t mix. I have to see if you’re a water rat.

If you cannot go fishing without a gun then I have questions about you. I’ve never ever fired a shot while fishing and I go about 100 days a year, every year.
Good enough for ya?

Thankfully most never need a gun. However, doesn't matter how many days you haven't needed one, what happens if you need one and don't have it?

Take a gun and leave the booze at home. Safer for all.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Thankfully most never need a gun. However, doesn't matter how many days you haven't needed one, what happens if you need one and don't have it?

Take a gun and leave the booze at home. Safer for all.

I’m not getting drunk but some people do. I’m always driving so I may have two while I’m out. But it gets hot and my partners can have’em I don’t care how much they have.

I’m going by the odds and I’ve never had to fire a shot so I don’t need one. When have you ever been in a gun fight on the water? Or heard of one? What odds do you think it will end well? Plus what is a pistol going to do past 15yrds? Are you carrying your AR on the boat so you can accurately shoot your target from range?

Honestly the rational of being paranoid or the “wish a mother would try” both seem like a huge waste of time.
To each their own. I’ll carry when I’m in the city but I never do on the water.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:31 PM

I carry on my boat because I'm fishing alone, usually at a secluded ramp where its easy to get ambushed. I have to agree, alcohol and guns don't mixed, in fact its illegal and that is a good way of going to jail if the warden catches you.

Personally I drink very little and yet to have any booze on my boat. I carry plenty of water and Power Aid... Alcohol and 90* plus heat don't mix all that well either.

I will defend Buzz on this for the simple fact that he doesn't know me... Besides I want to go fishing not dispute philosophical ideas about stuff we have no control over any ways... I go fishing to have fun and relax... if that is possible when you know the fish is right there but they want to play hard to get..
Old 09-11-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I carry on my boat because I'm fishing alone, usually at a secluded ramp where its easy to get ambushed. I have to agree, alcohol and guns don't mixed, in fact its illegal and that is a good way of going to jail if the warden catches you.

Personally I drink very little and yet to have any booze on my boat. I carry plenty of water and Power Aid... Alcohol and 90* plus heat don't mix all that well either.

I will defend Buzz on this for the simple fact that he doesn't know me... Besides I want to go fishing not dispute philosophical ideas about stuff we have no control over any ways... I go fishing to have fun and relax... if that is possible when you know the fish is right there but they want to play hard to get..

Right on right on. We will find’em!

Old 09-12-2019, 02:13 AM
Owner and Administrator

Cool Nope !! ... TK

Sorry to say... I am going on 74 years old and can't get in a boat anymore with out help ... I have always had beer on board in the past except when guiding ... As well as a 357 mag, 24/7 no matter where I am ... guiding, pleasure, or even Walmart and even church and a movie theater!

In the past I have defending fellow Bass Tourney mates who had been accosted by road rage on the water from either a drunk or meth head with my fire arm ... And that was in the 70's...

With the meth heads and other drugs out there now, no matter where you go ..One needs to protect themselves ... Use common Sense !! In my opinion any one who ventures out on our water ways with out a fire arm is a fool in this day in time !! Beer or no beer ... as Client Eastwood said ... Every one should know their limitations in this case, either drinking or firearms ... ... TK ..

PS. As far as politics go I wouldn't get in a boat with a far Left Liberal Democrat ... Right off the bat you know he is not going to be carrying, and wants someone else to protect him .. Thank God for people who have stepped up to protect this country and the meek or just folks who do not know what they would do in a crises, indecision's will get you killed .... SSGT. TK Walker Vietnam Vet. TET offensive 1968/69

Last edited by tkwalker; 09-14-2019 at 04:14 PM.