FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 AM

Default Old Hickory 05/09/2018

Fished from 3:00 until dark. Caught 4 little bass, a catfish and a green sunfish. It was painfully slow. I fished Station Camp, Spencer and some river channel pockets. I stayed in 1 - 8 feet of water. Water in Station Camp was not pretty. The other places the water clarity was fine. I threw everything but a jig. Anyone catching any keepers out there right now?
Old 05-09-2018, 10:02 AM

I haven't spent much time on OH but the time I've spent has been very inconsistent. Here's my last 4 trips and they are all in the last 2 weeks.

I fished one day with little success and then pulled into a pocket late in the afternoon and bass were everywhere and caught quite a few before dark. The next trip I only caught 2. The third trip I fished the lower end with a buddy and we had 8 keepers and 25-30 fish total. Monday I fished for 3 hours and inly caught 3 with one keeper.

I will be fishing OH every day until Saturday. I hope I can find something. The lake is getting a lot of pressure right now and there are a couple tournaments this week with a lot of boats. I'm gonna spend my time fishing water that I think hasn't been getting a lot of pressure. Im going up in the river.