FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-18-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfish View Post
At a ultra conservative 50 adult bass per acre, and Priest is over 14,000 acres, with someone taking home 20 per trip. It would take over 35,000 trips within one year.

Not sure where you got your numbers but I'll run with that... Understand that this conversation is speculative at this point because neither one of us have actual numbers.

Now given I lack the knowledge of how the fish is reintroduced after a tournament or how many fish die during the course before, during and after... I'm sure the fish is NOT relocated to where they were taken.

Then we have how many tournaments a yr ? Compounded by how many thousands of people fish that lake every year, some go repeatedly, several times a weeks.

If that isn't enough, lets look at natures natural selection... Fish eating each other with the occasional bird, turtle, water snake, ect...

I'm sorry, I don't buy they lake is void of fish stated by willbefreeway or that there is 50 adult bass per acre by you.

People are flooding into the area that are also fish and one final thing, tourism in the area is increasing annually. Hobby fishermen like myself are not a threat to the fish... however your pros and guide services that know where and how to get to the fish are.

So when I see someone that says I take home 20 + fish in one breath and then complain that there are no more fish to catch, fail to realize they are part of the problem. And those that are delusional and think a lake can more than recover from any amount of pressure is equally delusional. (I'm not trying to be insulting or offensive)

If I'm wrong, then why does the TWRA feel the need to stock ANY lake or river... not the introduction of a new specious, but what is supposed to be native to the state to begin with..?
Old 02-18-2019, 08:31 PM

There is some trolling going on here, and it’s not in the water. LOL
Old 02-18-2019, 11:37 PM
ALANRAYG2

I vaguely remember an article made by, I believe it was "In-Fisherman Magazine", in the 1980's on this very subject. Can a bass lake be fished out. In a nutshell and briefly as I can get the gist of the article across. Here is the story as best as I can remember.
A private lake about 100 acres was to be fished by some professional fishermen and selected others. The catch was they had to record everything about the fish and method used and tag every bass caught. Well they started this experiment in the spring. By mid summer they were catching a lot of bass with tags in them. As fall approached they started to catching a lot of bass without tags. The consensus was there was a population of bass that stayed deep all summer after the spawn. Only to be caught as the water cooled in the fall. The following year very few untagged bass were caught. The experiment concluded that yes a population of bass could be caught down to an unfishable population. This information supported the "catch and release" tournaments.
I might add that possession limits are for a reason and obeying them is good advice for the population and your wallet. TWRA loves to catch fishermen over the limit.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:13 AM
Fishing Fool

Where’s Tnpondmanager when you need him to get in on this!! 🤦*♂️ if you don’t like the fishing in Middle Tennessee, then go to Kentucky/Barkley lake and catch the Asian carp, put a dent in that population!!! PLEASE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2019, 07:18 AM
Banned

Default You got me all wrong here

Hi friends. I am a sport fisherman as well as other people on the lake. I don't take any fish home for myself. Always catch and release even 1 or 20 fishes. I am definitely not a fish poacher !! All I am trying to say is we are spending thousands of dollars on buying boats. lures, rods, reels, and only have 1 or 2 days fishing a week. We want to make the best out of it. We put a lot of money into our hobby. WE CAN WASTE OUR TIME ON WATER !!!. It seems to me that TWRA is not doing their job. They are not stocking Florida Bass in to JPP because they favor other parts of Tennessee that Middle. This is a form of discrimination that TWRA is obviously practicing! I get it but I can stand someone who sucks at their job makes out time on water suffered. We are out there to catch fishes, not to run around and find fishes. If we have enough fish in the lake,m we don't have to run anywhere, just launch the boat and start catching them. That is my goal. Thank you for being understanding !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Not sure where you got your numbers but I'll run with that... Understand that this conversation is speculative at this point because neither one of us have actual numbers.

Now given I lack the knowledge of how the fish is reintroduced after a tournament or how many fish die during the course before, during and after... I'm sure the fish is NOT relocated to where they were taken.

Then we have how many tournaments a yr ? Compounded by how many thousands of people fish that lake every year, some go repeatedly, several times a weeks.

If that isn't enough, lets look at natures natural selection... Fish eating each other with the occasional bird, turtle, water snake, ect...

I'm sorry, I don't buy they lake is void of fish stated by willbefreeway or that there is 50 adult bass per acre by you.

People are flooding into the area that are also fish and one final thing, tourism in the area is increasing annually. Hobby fishermen like myself are not a threat to the fish... however your pros and guide services that know where and how to get to the fish are.

So when I see someone that says I take home 20 + fish in one breath and then complain that there are no more fish to catch, fail to realize they are part of the problem. And those that are delusional and think a lake can more than recover from any amount of pressure is equally delusional. (I'm not trying to be insulting or offensive)

If I'm wrong, then why does the TWRA feel the need to stock ANY lake or river... not the introduction of a new specious, but what is supposed to be native to the state to begin with..?
Old 02-19-2019, 12:07 PM

It seems you're really passionate about catching a lot of fish in close proximity to where you launch.

I guess my reaction is that if you find yourself that upset about a "wasted day on the water" you might think about that perspective.

Any time I can get out and enjoy any body of water -fish or skunk- I consider myself a lucky man.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbefreeway View Post
So, as I said, TWRA not stocking JPP with Bass anymore for years. There is barely any trip I come out and have more than 20 bass in 4 hours. That is sad. I has fished Lake Fork, Callifornia Delta, Clear Lake, Lanier, Hartwell, and other lake in other states and never went home with less than 50 bass in 4 hours. So, as I said, I will make sure we have more bass in JPP. I will start growing Florida Bass on JPP this year. Hopefully in 5 years, we will be able to catch more than 100 bass in a 4 hours trip. I will happen and you are welcomed !!
i doubt you can attain the numbers of fish it would take to successfully introduce Florida Strain DNA into the population lol
Old 02-19-2019, 08:40 PM

Default Really?!?

The TWRA isn’t perfect. But they aren’t the reason you’re not catching the amount of fish you think you should per trip either. Them stocking more bass won’t make you a better fisherman... IMHO
Old 02-19-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbefreeway View Post
Hi friends. I am a sport fisherman as well as other people on the lake. I don't take any fish home for myself. Always catch and release even 1 or 20 fishes. I am definitely not a fish poacher !! All I am trying to say is we are spending thousands of dollars on buying boats. lures, rods, reels, and only have 1 or 2 days fishing a week. We want to make the best out of it. We put a lot of money into our hobby. WE CAN WASTE OUR TIME ON WATER !!!. It seems to me that TWRA is not doing their job. They are not stocking Florida Bass in to JPP because they favor other parts of Tennessee that Middle. This is a form of discrimination that TWRA is obviously practicing! I get it but I can stand someone who sucks at their job makes out time on water suffered. We are out there to catch fishes, not to run around and find fishes. If we have enough fish in the lake,m we don't have to run anywhere, just launch the boat and start catching them. That is my goal. Thank you for being understanding !
Some help for you, “ fish” is also plural. You must have never fished before because there is no place that you named that has that many fish consistently caught like you want. It doesn’t exist, and never will, period. But I for one would love to see you raise them somehow and teach the TWRA how to do their job. In the meantime I guess we are stuck with the shads, and carps.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:11 PM

I can't tell whether this guy is trolling us or if he's serious!
Old 02-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Fishing Fool

I’ve personally went out and caught 30-50 fish in a day on old hickory multiple times. You have to put in the work and find the areas that hold the fish. Put in the work and quit crying about being a shitty fisherman!! And Florida strain bass are not the answer to all problems. With the harsh winters we can have, they will not grow like they do in Florida. The reason you’re seeing these big fish in Chickamauga and pickwick, and guntersville is because of the vegetation. Old Hickory and JPP just don’t have it. Old hickory is on the rise, there’s more and more hydrilla and duckweed showing up every year for the last few years. Again, put in the work and time on the water and you WILL have successful days.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
I’ve personally went out and caught 30-50 fish in a day on old hickory multiple times. You have to put in the work and find the areas that hold the fish. Put in the work and quit crying about being a shitty fisherman!! And Florida strain bass are not the answer to all problems. With the harsh winters we can have, they will not grow like they do in Florida. The reason you’re seeing these big fish in Chickamauga and pickwick, and guntersville is because of the vegetation. Old Hickory and JPP just don’t have it. Old hickory is on the rise, there’s more and more hydrilla and duckweed showing up every year for the last few years. Again, put in the work and time on the water and you WILL have successful days.

I think he was talking about quality fish.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:34 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
I think he was talking about quality fish.

Idc where you go, NO ONE goes out and catches 50 quality fish in a day. If they did, the new MLF Bass Pro Tour wouldn’t be averaging 1.4lbs per fish caught after fishing in Florida and Texas. Both home of giant bass. So go suck a fat mans foot!! You can choose mine or Tnbronzeback!! 😂😂