FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 07-26-2019, 09:39 PM

Default Crappie JPP

Went out on wednesday around elm hill. Went out to the rocks and trolled around those and caught catfish. Bandit 200's.

I am looking for crappie. ANYONE know where they are? I dont need spots just boat ramps. I'm going both days this weekend. I'm going to smith springs in the morning. Getting Minnows as well.

Will report back mid day tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:06 AM
eksfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy15 View Post
Went out on wednesday around elm hill. Went out to the rocks and trolled around those and caught catfish. Bandit 200's.

I am looking for crappie. ANYONE know where they are? I dont need spots just boat ramps. I'm going both days this weekend. I'm going to smith springs in the morning. Getting Minnows as well.

Will report back mid day tomorrow.
I hadn't been out in a while. Yesterday launched at 7 pts. Trolled 300 bandits 20 FOW. Caught 11 only 5 measured.
Few and far between.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:05 AM

Trolled the river channel from 5am to 8:30AM caught a lot of white bass and a few catfish. 4 small crappie. Going back out later for the night bite.

Going to try some slip bobbers.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:19 PM

Went out last night about 7. The bait shop was closed so we just trolled and made some casts. Caught 7 but all species. One JUMBO smallmouth. Bandit 200's and 300's. Trolled until about 10. Didnt catch anything as the sun after the sun went down.

Is it strictly live bait after dark?
Old 07-29-2019, 06:42 AM

I ain't been in a several weeks now but I know some guys that have been doing ok on the upper end .they r putting in at fall creek or Jefferson springs tight lining minnows in 13 to 15 foot around brush early morning bit stops around 10..dont know if this will help

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphill View Post
I ain't been in a several weeks now but I know some guys that have been doing ok on the upper end .they r putting in at fall creek or Jefferson springs tight lining minnows in 13 to 15 foot around brush early morning bit stops around 10..dont know if this will help

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thank you and I tried.

Ive been out 3 times. Had some luck right at dusk. Nothing day or night. I dusted off the catfish gear and I'm going to start hucking bluegills for flatheads soon.

Crappie has been slow for me!