FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Fishing Gear
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-29-2017, 10:12 AM

Default Thinking about a H-bird 1199CI

I'm thinking about getting one of these units. It's the 1199CI HD SI Combo. Anyone have any experience with this model?
Old 03-29-2017, 08:01 PM

Exclamation :)

You might as well save up and get a Solix or a new Helix Mega!!!

I bought the Helix 9 G2N with mega and wow it's really nice although I wish I could see returns when on plane I just read my Low dsi5 for on plane.

Now we can read images at Megahertz ranges and who knows what the future will be like with this stuff I mean look at radar during WW2 compared to 2017 is leaps and bounds!

Edit:
I see it's a nice unit but I would still get the Newer Mega!!!

Last edited by Halli; 03-29-2017 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:42 AM
Master Trout Magnet

If you are talking about getting a new 1199 I would not do it....used at good price different story. I know there are still some new ones around but hard to find. For the same money you could get an Helix 9 si Mega. Yes the screen is 1 inch smaller but the image quality is far superior....unit is not really in same class. I have been on the water with the new Helix Mega units and I have to tell you they are impressive. Check with Merv.....I think he has several Mega units....ask his opinion of the difference in the two units.

Regards
Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 AM

The only reason I am considering it is because I can get a new one for around $900.00. I don't want to get it and not be happy though. I've liked Lowrance better but currently don't have any good deals on those units, I'm working on something...... I thought at one time you had something like the 1199 Alpha. I've got the Helix 7 now and I'm ready to step up to something bigger and badder.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:07 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
The only reason I am considering it is because I can get a new one for around $900.00. I don't want to get it and not be happy though. I've liked Lowrance better but currently don't have any good deals on those units, I'm working on something...... I thought at one time you had something like the 1199 Alpha. I've got the Helix 7 now and I'm ready to step up to something bigger and badder.
At that price point it is a different story. I still have and use my 899, and it is basically same as the 1199 just with a 7 inch screen and the 119 has a slightly faster processor. It is a great unit. It has been a great tool at helping me to put fish in the boat. It is now harder for me to see as I am aging and I plan on getting one of the new Helix Mega Imaging units as soon as I get the money.....had to pay the tax man so will wait a little longer...LOL. Here is the advantages of having a Helix Mega unit....CHIRP...that provides you with great clarity...the screen is much brighter than the older 1199...allowing you to see it better. CHIRP also allows greater target separation.....on the new Helix Mega units target separation is 2.5 inches. The processor is faster. The 1199 would certainly be an upgrade to what you have. But I don't like buying old technology. But I also know all of us only have what we have to spend on our hobby. If you have not seen a Helix Mega unit you need to look at one. I spent a couple of days at Pickwick tuning my buddies Helix 9 Mega and man I wanted to whip out the credit card and buy a Helix 10 Mega but I will wait to pay cash...they are that good. You have a price difference of 300 bucks between the 1199 and a Helix 9 Mega. If I could swing the extra 300 bucks the 9 inch Mega unit it would be far better than the 10 inch 1199 unit.

Regards
Old 03-30-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
If I could swing the extra 300 bucks the 9 inch Mega unit it would be far better than the 10 inch 1199 unit.

Regards
That's what she said.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 PM

I did not even know about the Mega unit you guys started talking about it. I will look into it. 300 bucks does not break the bank so I don't mind spending it. I just knew the 1199 was a great price and an upgrade from what I have.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:55 PM

I finally looked at those MEGA units. Very nice! Does MEGA stand for make electronics great again?
Old 04-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I finally looked at those MEGA units. Very nice! Does MEGA stand for make electronics great again?
Wish it was MECA.
Make Electronics CHEAP again. Lol
Old 04-06-2017, 05:52 PM

Wink

Well It's not cheap that's for sure...1.5k if ya get a mount with it.

But I seen a bass fart and watched the bubbles rise!!!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
Well It's not cheap that's for sure...1.5k if ya get a mount with it.

But I seen a bass fart and watched the bubbles rise!!!
That's what I am looking for. I don't get to fish much anymore so I need all the help I can get finding fish, or their farts.