FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 AM

Default Williamsport

Just recently went to Williamsport struck out on blue cat on our canoe. I know Williamsport has good lakes but I'm starting to lose faith in them. Are there any decent put ins or small lakes that are protected (little to no boating traffic) I'm mainly looking for crappie but bass are good too.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:57 AM

Try New Lake in Lewisburg. In a boat you can find fish on the banks that people don't shore fish from. I troll out in the middle and catch crappie when they're in the mood.

It's like any small lake though. When they're biting they're biting.. when they're not...

You should also try The Duck River (when it's not a raging torrent).... upstream from Fred White Road you can catch smallmouth all day long ... It's got very low fishing pressure and the fish are clueless.

Last edited by Shaugh; 08-07-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Williamsport is not the best place to be fishing in August. However if you are wanting to catch crappie that is still the place to to do it. It is still loaded with them and it has finally gotten to where you can get a limit of legal fish. The water gets so hot there. I went back and looked at my fishing reports for the past 8 years.....nothing much happening at Williamsport in August. I can't help you with where to go for the small lakes. New Lake can give you some fish but it is heavily pressured.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk