FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-02-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
I’m off next week and might make my first ever trip to dale hollow. I’m in gallatin. Any tips for me? Not looking for your best spots just General info. I don’t even know where to put my boat in. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you were to look at a map of the lake you will see that 2 rivers converge to make Dale Hollow lake. On the other end of the lake is the dam. If you start at the dam and follow the lake to where it opens up. From that point where it opens up all the way to where the 2 rivers join. That part of the lake is full of submergent grass. Just look at a contour map and look for anything in that section such as a hump or a flatter point, or just a bank that is flatter than most. All of those areas will have grass. The fish will get in that grass from now til the end of summer. Other than that you can focus on points and other things that you normally would anywhere else. The grass bite is very fun to me but it is work and it's not for everyone
Old 05-02-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
I’m off next week and might make my first ever trip to dale hollow. I’m in gallatin. Any tips for me? Not looking for your best spots just General info. I don’t even know where to put my boat in. Any advice would be appreciated.

I use Hendricks creek boat ramp. It's just over the ky state line. They don't charge a launch fee.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:39 AM

Thank you