FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-04-2018, 02:00 PM

Default Holidays

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and Happy New year. My Judy fell and broke her back the Monday before Thanksgiving, had surgery the day after Christmas and is recovering. We are thankful for all we have, for the wonderful friends we've made here in Tennessee.

We moved here going on 6 years ago. I vacationed here in Nashville/Smyrna area for last 20 years. While from the mountains of upstate NY spent all my professional life in Chicago, nearly 40 years. Being here for us these last six years is more home to us than all those years in the big city. Judy who grew up there feels the same.

Just a late Christmas thought : Never take for granted this beautiful land purchased with the sacred blood of loved ancestors. We could be living anywhere in the world right now. But here is home, it feels like we've always been here, belong here. Thanks for having us.

Peace, blessings and tight lines.

michael
Old 01-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Owner and Administrator

Exclamation Wow ! <'tk><

Michael, I read this to my wife who broke Her toe a week before Thanksgiving and has still got the Flu after 6 days to count Her Blessings. She is not in the running when it comes to complaints after reading your post. As far as our country and the past and present Patriots you are 150% correct.

Take care of the wife and hopefully she will be recovered by Spring when you both can go fishing ... Take care ... <'TK><
Old 01-04-2018, 07:26 PM

Mike I hope your wife recovers soon.

I had the chance to meet Mike one day last spring. I bought Lowrance unit from him that is still in use and going strong. My impression of Mike was that he's absolutely eat up with bass fishing. Even though There is a big age gap and we are in totally different places in our lives and come from completely different backgrounds, I could have stayed at his house all day and talked with him. Our passion for fishing is very strong and made conversation easy. Mike is a good guy and I enjoyed meeting him.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:00 AM

Thoughts and prayers for your wife. We all are blessed to live in this great country thanks to our fine soldiers present and past who have protected our right to be free.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:49 PM

While you have been here a bit, let me personally welcome you to God’s Country. I hope you and your wife flourish in prosperity, because you have earned it.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshthebadbear View Post
Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and Happy New year. My Judy fell and broke her back the Monday before Thanksgiving, had surgery the day after Christmas and is recovering. We are thankful for all we have, for the wonderful friends we've made here in Tennessee.

We moved here going on 6 years ago. I vacationed here in Nashville/Smyrna area for last 20 years. While from the mountains of upstate NY spent all my professional life in Chicago, nearly 40 years. Being here for us these last six years is more home to us than all those years in the big city. Judy who grew up there feels the same.

Just a late Christmas thought : Never take for granted this beautiful land purchased with the sacred blood of loved ancestors. We could be living anywhere in the world right now. But here is home, it feels like we've always been here, belong here. Thanks for having us.

Peace, blessings and tight lines.

michael

Dang that sucks, prayers out for a speedy recovery

We moved to the Cookeville area in May of 2016 and to Crossville in march 2017, I absolutely love it here, my job and coworkers are great, so many places to fish, my wife has been slow to feel the same although since we bought a home in Lake Tansi she is warming up to it, I like you feel blessed to live here