FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-24-2020, 05:34 PM

Default Fair Game?

I’m curious as to what you guys think about something I did. Basically there is a really good fishing spot on CH. it produces fish year round no matter what conditions or water temperature. I didn’t think it got fished all that much until I started fishing tournaments at CH. I’m usually out there during the week and just don’t ever see it get fished. The last 4 or 5 tournaments I’ve fished there has been a boat on this spot the entire tournament. It’s a spot where timing is critical. When I’m in the area I usually stop and fish it at least 3 or 4 times throughout the day. You may bot get a bite the first time or 2 and then catch 10 fish on the third attempt. My style is not to wait fish out. I usually bounce around a lot but I may hit the same spot 5x in one day. Anyway, if you don’t get an early boat draw in a tournament then you will not get to fish this particular spot. The last time I fished a night tournament there I told my dad that we were gonna fish that spot while we were fishing a couple hours before the tournament in hopes that we would catch what was there and not lose to this spot. Sure enough we pulled up and caught 14-15lbs off this spot. And sure enough there was a boat on it the entire night. I fished in that area and this boat never moved which is what I’ve been seeing. Those guys had a bad tournament and likely would have had a good tournament if we didn’t fish it before hand. So mission accomplished. But on the way home I felt bad about what we had done. So my question is was I out of line or was this just fair game?
Old 09-24-2020, 06:17 PM

Fair game. They ought to have more than one place to fish.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I’m curious as to what you guys think about something I did. Basically there is a really good fishing spot on CH. it produces fish year round no matter what conditions or water temperature. I didn’t think it got fished all that much until I started fishing tournaments at CH. I’m usually out there during the week and just don’t ever see it get fished. The last 4 or 5 tournaments I’ve fished there has been a boat on this spot the entire tournament. It’s a spot where timing is critical. When I’m in the area I usually stop and fish it at least 3 or 4 times throughout the day. You may bot get a bite the first time or 2 and then catch 10 fish on the third attempt. My style is not to wait fish out. I usually bounce around a lot but I may hit the same spot 5x in one day. Anyway, if you don’t get an early boat draw in a tournament then you will not get to fish this particular spot. The last time I fished a night tournament there I told my dad that we were gonna fish that spot while we were fishing a couple hours before the tournament in hopes that we would catch what was there and not lose to this spot. Sure enough we pulled up and caught 14-15lbs off this spot. And sure enough there was a boat on it the entire night. I fished in that area and this boat never moved which is what I’ve been seeing. Those guys had a bad tournament and likely would have had a good tournament if we didn’t fish it before hand. So mission accomplished. But on the way home I felt bad about what we had done. So my question is was I out of line or was this just fair game?

Sounds like a great strategy but thats just me
Old 09-25-2020, 09:02 AM

Do you think they would have felt bad had the situation been the other way around ?
Old 09-25-2020, 05:10 PM

No worries Tex, lots of guys who don't know any better camp on a spot in hopes...but loose out in the end.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:14 AM

If you feel really bad I can assist you.
Next time just send me the coordinates for that spot. I will anchor on it and PRETEND to be fishing. I can move on when you arrive.

BTW, What is the best bait to tie on and pretend to fish with.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Next time just send me the coordinates for that spot. I will anchor on it and PRETEND to be fishing. I can move on when you arrive.

That’s F’n funny Sambolie! Outstanding!
Old 09-26-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:

You know in a couple weeks I should be well enough to assist you in holding that spot with you.... you knoe to make it look official like
Old 09-26-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Hmmmn, you willing to come to Crossville? free room and board and beer lol
Old 09-29-2020, 06:40 AM

I know it’s not against the rules to be on the lake before the tournament but it just felt dirty to me. Also so people were saying they should have other spots wich is true and I’m sure they did. This wasn’t just that boat’s spot in particular. Any number of boats would have camped there if they got there first. I saw it happen with different boats 3 weeks in a row. Thanks for the replies. I didn’t give it a second thought until the way home as I felt it may have kept someone from having more fun that night. Which when it’s all said and done, that’s what we fish these little tournaments for