FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Looking at the Generation schedule 2 are open now, where can you check to see if the sluice is open? i would like to catch some trout since the last trip out was a bust
Check out Center Hill Facebook page but doesn't look like sluice is on.

Regards
Old 03-05-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Williamsport is clear.....clear as it usually is. I spent all day out there Tuesday didn't even get a hit. Did get to test out some new rods but would have liked to felt a fish on them. Shad kill really has nothing to do with catching trout on the TM......most of the time......even though I may want to blame it on that. The reason I didn't catch more over at Normandy Saturday was because the water was just a little too much. If no sluice I would hit the pond this weekend. If the water at OH or JPP is clearing.....meaning if it was clearer than yesterday......the fish will return to biting. It doesn't need to be clear....just clearing. I have found this true for all specie of fish. I'm going to try and hit Pickwick......Nickajack, the next few days after Friday. Hopefully get into some whites and maybe another big Smallie. I have fed the birds well this winter and have enjoyed looking at all the nice colors....but enough is enough.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Randy, If you need a good luck charm let em know and I will join you.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:25 PM

Alpha, didn't you catch some keepers awhile back. IIRC

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Randy, If you need a good luck charm let em know and I will join you.
Will do Ott. The weather Tuesday though Friday looks good for Pickwick next week.

Regards
Old 03-05-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Check out Center Hill Facebook page but doesn't look like sluice is on.

Regards
I will check it out, thanks. There are not crappie over 12" at williamsport are there?
Old 03-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
Alpha, didn't you catch some keepers awhile back. IIRC

Thanks for the info.
Last fish I was into was at Pickwick with the 21 inch Smallie and I was right proud of getting that 26 inch carp in on an UL rod with 2# test. I'm ready to catch anything at this point...LOL.

Regards
Old 03-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I will check it out, thanks. There are not crappie over 12" at williamsport are there?
Actually there is. If you find the right school you can get them. Remember they are all black nose.....they can get really big. For three years in a row...except this past year......I have caught one and only one per year...... a 16 inch black nose each of those years. That would fit well into your Kayak Wars.

Regards
Old 03-05-2015, 05:34 PM

I meant earlier like this past spring or summer you reported getting some legal size Crappie there. I thought there is mostly short ones.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
What all did you fish with? Granted it can be tough but using TM's during a shad kill isn't really high %. Low water no shad coming through your in pretty good shape with TM's.

Minnows this time of year are good even with a shad kill on going. Don't worry about the temps being too cold. It won't get too cold there for them. Too hot....maybe another issue.
I've been there before during generation and caught them one after another on TMs. Last weekend there was just nothing we could do, they wouldn't eat.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 03-05-2015, 05:46 PM

Randy didn't you say Williamsport was just full of 9" Crappie and suggested they have a few weeks where 8-9" fish could be harvested to thin out the population? Maybe it wasn't you but someone claimed all they'd catch out there were short Crappie but more of them in there than you could imagine.

Looks like light winds Sunday. I'm leaning even more towards Williamsport Sunday. Scout the woods for Turkey in the morning, fish afternoon to dark. We get an extra hour!

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 03-05-2015, 06:01 PM

Unless the river goes down by the house I am thinking Caney, if the water cooperates Saturday afternoon. All else fails I can go up top and fish center hill like last time.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
Randy didn't you say Williamsport was just full of 9" Crappie and suggested they have a few weeks where 8-9" fish could be harvested to thin out the population? Maybe it wasn't you but someone claimed all they'd catch out there were short Crappie but more of them in there than you could imagine.

Looks like light winds Sunday. I'm leaning even more towards Williamsport Sunday. Scout the woods for Turkey in the morning, fish afternoon to dark. We get an extra hour!
Yes there are thousands of crappie in there and the majority of them are 9 3/4 inches...but if you fish for several hours one can get a legal limit of 15 crappie....and some of them could be nice size. Since I go to Nickajack and get 13-15 inch fish I just have no interest in keeping fish from there. But I will say that each spring the fish are getting a little bit bigger.

Regards
Old 03-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
I meant earlier like this past spring or summer you reported getting some legal size Crappie there. I thought there is mostly short ones.
They are mostly short but if you work you can get a limit of keepers.

Regards
Old 03-05-2015, 06:19 PM

The north end of Priest, near the dam and cooks and so on rarely gets muddy. Unless you are in a cove where a creek comes in. But the water is usually settled by the time it gets there. How about your stones spot?? It shouldn't be too bad should it?

As far as the shad kill on CHD. I never catch s dang thing when Shad come through. The few I have caught come on minnows and they are fat as can be, but far and few.

Mike

Mike
Old 03-05-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNfisher View Post
The north end of Priest, near the dam and cooks and so on rarely gets muddy. Unless you are in a cove where a creek comes in. But the water is usually settled by the time it gets there. How about your stones spot?? It shouldn't be too bad should it?

As far as the shad kill on CHD. I never catch s dang thing when Shad come through. The few I have caught come on minnows and they are fat as can be, but far and few.

Mike
Currently my spot on the river is out of the banks and really muddy. If it goes down by Saturday I am going to try that. If not then I move to the Caney and use live bait. Alpha, I need to find a spot like your honey hole on nicknack, I need some 12" crappie for kayak wars points