FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 10-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Birthday on Center Hill Lake.

Had a great birthday doing what I love. I went looking for KY bass but couldn’t find any. The shad are schooling up in massive balls on Center Hill Lake.......so thick you can see the oil from their skin rising to the surface. The only problem is the KY bass are not feeding on them....at least not today. So as I was fishing down a bluff an image popped up on the sonar that meant one thing....Center Hill black nose crappie! Out went the marker buoy and I caught 12 of them before I had to make the run back to the ramp. Lure was a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/16 ounce ball head jig. The rod was the JDM Tict Ice Cube 6’ 9” “Rockin Drift”. The line was 1.5# test “Ester” monofilament with an 18 inch section of 2# test fluorocarbon leader. Center Hill black nose are thick bodied fish.....they fight hard. As most know crappie are not known as a hard fighting fish.......but on my setup I hand my hands full. They were stripping drag! It should be on big time any day up there for the Spots and crappie. As you can see from my pic I had a beautiful setting......life is good!

Regards

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171018/7e83a4ec9a563b2474fb0de4b613cc0b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Two more images.

Regards

Old 10-18-2017, 06:11 PM

They are great fighters up there! Beautiful day to be on the water and awesome images, and happy birthday young man.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 06:50 PM

Thumbs up

Happy 32nd B-Day ....Hahaha Sir!!!

Great things happen at 32 being a retired Fishermen and all!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:41 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Happy Birthday Randy .. <'TK><

And hope you have many more ... <'TK><
Old 10-18-2017, 08:14 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! The smartest people I know were born on this day since it is also my birthday.

That first picture is enough to make anyone glad to be born, regardless of the day.

Hope all is well with you.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:23 PM

Exclamation

Happy Birthday Sambolieum!!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! The smartest people I know were born on this day since it is also my birthday.

That first picture is enough to make anyone glad to be born, regardless of the day.

Hope all is well with you.

Happy Birthday Ott! I’m in good company!

Regards

Old 10-18-2017, 09:30 PM

Happy Birthday Alpha. Did you see any schooling activity at all on those baitballs? It could have just been today why you didn't find bass. I fished OH yesterday and caught a bunch of bass. Most on Topwater throwing at baiballs. Today I went back and all of the bait was tight to the bottom and I never boated a sibgle bass. That's right; a big goose egg. I lost a couple at the boat but with my dad with those don't count if you ask him. I fished the complete opposite end of the lake today and was wondering if the bait was staying deeper today all over the lake or just where I was. Sorry for the long rant. I've been waiting to get back to center hill when the fall pattern was in full swing. What were the water temps there?
Old 10-18-2017, 10:08 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Happy Birthday Alpha. Did you see any schooling activity at all on those baitballs? It could have just been today why you didn't find bass. I fished OH yesterday and caught a bunch of bass. Most on Topwater throwing at baiballs. Today I went back and all of the bait was tight to the bottom and I never boated a sibgle bass. That's right; a big goose egg. I lost a couple at the boat but with my dad with those don't count if you ask him. I fished the complete opposite end of the lake today and was wondering if the bait was staying deeper today all over the lake or just where I was. Sorry for the long rant. I've been waiting to get back to center hill when the fall pattern was in full swing. What were the water temps there?

No schooling fish. I marked shad balls literally by the 100’s........but the only fish I saw on any of them was in the pic I posted.....3 fish by my count. Water temps will come down and it should be very good up there. Water was 73-75 degrees. I have had good luck up there in November and December.

Regards

Old 10-19-2017, 12:26 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile MMMmmmmmm! ... <'TK><

So, Randy Goad alias Alphahawk and Sambolie have the same Birthday ... MMmmm, I'm sure the Agelesssone will have something to say about the differential of perfection between the piscatorial capabilities of the two fisherman in question ... But on all counts .. Another year is forth coming ... Happy birthday Sambolie and Alpha ... I hope it is with good health with many more to come ... <'TK><
Old 10-19-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
So, Randy Goad alias Alphahawk and Sambolie have the same Birthday ... MMmmm, I'm sure the Agelesssone will have something to say about the differential of perfection between the piscatorial capabilities of the two fisherman in question ... But on all counts .. Another year is forth coming ... Happy birthday Sambolie and Alpha ... I hope it is with good health with many more to come ... <'TK><

Twins?

Old 10-19-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickT View Post
Twins?

HA!

Maybe Merv and Sambolie
Old 10-19-2017, 10:17 AM

Happy Birthday.

Excellent pics.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2017, 04:19 PM

Excellent pix and fish. Nice job! Thanks for sharing.