FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-07-2020, 12:58 PM

Default Caney trout "not"

Friend and I got to the I-40 rest stop around 6:00 pm, they were running 1 gen. so there was some current but not to bad. Fished till dark with night crawlers under a float and tight line on bottom, threw the trout magnet brown and gold all with no results. We both had 4 lb test line and I tied a 2 lb leader for the later part of the trip. I would prefer to fish with artificial, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Have a great day,

Ray
Old 08-07-2020, 06:29 PM

I don't fish the Caney any more since I was inundated by kayaks year before last, but when I did, I fished when they did not generate and did pretty well. The usual natural bait, salmon eggs, worms, etc usually did just fine. Did fine with small nickel Little Cleo spoons too. Nymphs and wooly buggers worked when i did grab a fly rod.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:52 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAddict View Post
I don't fish the Caney any more since I was inundated by kayaks year before last, but when I did, I fished when they did not generate and did pretty well. The usual natural bait, salmon eggs, worms, etc usually did just fine. Did fine with small nickel Little Cleo spoons too. Nymphs and wooly buggers worked when i did grab a fly rod.
I concur ... No generation is the time to fish for stocker trout unless your fishing for the trophy trout, 5 to 12 pound range... Go with the flow in a boat and use bass gear ... TK
Old 12-03-2020, 12:54 AM
TroutBuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwielen65 View Post
Friend and I got to the I-40 rest stop around 6:00 pm, they were running 1 gen. so there was some current but not to bad. Fished till dark with night crawlers under a float and tight line on bottom, threw the trout magnet brown and gold all with no results. We both had 4 lb test line and I tied a 2 lb leader for the later part of the trip. I would prefer to fish with artificial, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Have a great day,

Ray
Try brown, white, and black rooster tails. I've been hitting the River below Dale Hollow lately, they're doing well! Came home with a full stringer the other week.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2020, 09:27 PM

The Obey is doing well, that’s good to hear. During generation or still water? I fished it a few months back. The Caney fished worse this year for me than I’ve seen in 30 years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk