FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-07-2018, 09:00 PM

Default Rough Weekend

My brother and i had a rough weekend of fishing to say the least. Despite some advice from a few fellow friends and members, we had 1 hybrid saturday, 3 crappies from dark till 1am and zero fishing around cordell hull on sunday.
It all fell apart when my plan A of buying shiners fell through after all the places i called were out. Then we couldnt net any shad. Had slow service at four corners for dinner (good burger though..lol).
Couldnt stay on my brush piles for night crappies. Hit 3 spots and caught one at each one.
Then sunday we tried below cordell hull....again couldnt net any bait, no takers on minnows or dead store bought shad, and the striper bite didnt exist throwing artificials at dusk.
Something needs to change fellas! lol. I havent fished in so long im losing my edge! lol.
Still fun to get out but geeze! if i wanted to get a tan i would have stayed home and laid out on the deck and set fire to $100. lol
Old 08-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
My brother and i had a rough weekend of fishing to say the least. Despite some advice from a few fellow friends and members, we had 1 hybrid saturday, 3 crappies from dark till 1am and zero fishing around cordell hull on sunday.

It all fell apart when my plan A of buying shiners fell through after all the places i called were out. Then we couldnt net any shad. Had slow service at four corners for dinner (good burger though..lol).

Couldnt stay on my brush piles for night crappies. Hit 3 spots and caught one at each one.

Then sunday we tried below cordell hull....again couldnt net any bait, no takers on minnows or dead store bought shad, and the striper bite didnt exist throwing artificials at dusk.

Something needs to change fellas! lol. I havent fished in so long im losing my edge! lol.

Still fun to get out but geeze! if i wanted to get a tan i would have stayed home and laid out on the deck and set fire to $100. lol

Glad you got out but sorry you’ve joined the losers club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2018, 06:23 AM

Hey Bronzeback good to see you back on the forum. You kind of summed up the last 4-6 weeks for me too. Little to no live bait to be found and the fish seem hard to come by most of the time.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:47 PM

Walleye and SM are doing well at Dale Hollow...day and night, respectfully.