FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-07-2018, 05:42 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is online now
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,023
Default Slumpity slump slump

Idk what my deal is, but I am in one helluva fish slump. I havenít put a legal bass in a boat in almost a month. 😵🔫 I have however put legal walleye, and sauger, two fish that have eluded me for a loooong time. But Iím not after those. Iím in bass tournament situations and looking for green carp!! I know Iím finding fish cause deezltek is catching them. I have thrown the EXACT SAME, IDENTICAL, thing as him. EXACT. I donít get it. Iím bout ready to sell my boat and all my gear and take up needlepoint or tap dancing. Thanks for letting me rant, just needed to get this off my chest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2018, 09:08 PM
wormdunker wormdunker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 164
Default

Yeah, I think maybe God is telling you that needlepoint is your calling. It happened to me a couple of years ago. I am now decorating cakes in my spare time. Thank God I don't have those nightmares about losing big fish, coming in last in a tournament, getting skunked by my fishing buddies, waking up late on tournament day, etc. anymore. I know those fish that used to tease me miss me, but I don't care. They almost ruined my life there for about 40 years, but now, I'm happy and contented. To hell with them fish. Happy needlepointing!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Texas_Rig's Avatar
Texas_Rig Texas_Rig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 664
Default

Im with you Skillet. I haven't been on consistent quality for about 3 weeks now. I can consistently catch a limit but 3lbers have been pretty hard to come by and I've only caught one 4lber in the last couple weeks. It's tough everywhere around here right now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2018, 10:06 PM
buickfan70 buickfan70 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: gracey ky
Posts: 64
Default

Well I guess it is good to know it wasn't just me having a tuff time catching fish. July was ruff I was skunked several trips and I don't always catch big fish but I think I was the KING of 1lb Bass,lol. Heck last year I only had one trip that I didn't catch anything at all but this year there have been more 0 than I want to think about....depressing. Last day of July I caught a LM that tied my PB and thought the slump was over but followed that with a trip to Caney River and got another big fat zero.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2018, 10:30 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is online now
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Im with you Skillet. I haven't been on consistent quality for about 3 weeks now. I can consistently catch a limit but 3lbers have been pretty hard to come by and I've only caught one 4lber in the last couple weeks. It's tough everywhere around here right now.


Iíd love a limit of cookie cutters. It I canít catch a damn 14Ē bass to save my life. Usedtacould. Itís depressing as hell and something is gonna have to change. Lol. Iím not giving up yet, but if deezltek keeps catching all the fish, Iím gonna have to find a new partner. Idk if anybody that can put up with me like he can. 😂😂😂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2018, 10:31 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is online now
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormdunker View Post
Yeah, I think maybe God is telling you that needlepoint is your calling. It happened to me a couple of years ago. I am now decorating cakes in my spare time. Thank God I don't have those nightmares about losing big fish, coming in last in a tournament, getting skunked by my fishing buddies, waking up late on tournament day, etc. anymore. I know those fish that used to tease me miss me, but I don't care. They almost ruined my life there for about 40 years, but now, I'm happy and contented. To hell with them fish. Happy needlepointing!


Such a smart Ass!!!! 😂😂😂😂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-07-2018, 10:34 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is online now
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
Well I guess it is good to know it wasn't just me having a tuff time catching fish. July was ruff I was skunked several trips and I don't always catch big fish but I think I was the KING of 1lb Bass,lol. Heck last year I only had one trip that I didn't catch anything at all but this year there have been more 0 than I want to think about....depressing. Last day of July I caught a LM that tied my PB and thought the slump was over but followed that with a trip to Caney River and got another big fat zero.


Last Sunday I caught 0. Sunday before that I caught one 10Ē bass. That Saturday in the river I caught 1 15Ē smallmouth. Sunday before that no legal fish. And the Sunday before that all shorts also. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2018, 09:51 AM
CFrockfish CFrockfish is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 13
Default

I've been consistently catching LM on the upper OHL and Cumberland but cant catch a quality fish for the life of me. dink. dink. dink. dink. and dink. I've tried shallow, deep, fast, slow, you name it just cant find a good fish. Where finding fish each outing just nothing to brag about. Its been rough lol.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2018, 10:17 AM
XxthejuicexX's Avatar
XxthejuicexX XxthejuicexX is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro
Age: 34
Posts: 2,928
Default

Could be worse, my boat just sits in the driveway.
__________________
NOPE
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2018, 05:59 PM
TerryD TerryD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lewisburg, TN
Posts: 114
Default

Hey Skillet,
Watch some Bill Dance videos. He always catches lunkers.
Could be your hat.....Just saying.
Good luck on your next trip!
TerryD (aka Meathog)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-08-2018, 06:56 PM
luckystratos luckystratos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: portland
Posts: 223
Default

Hang in there skillet. Dog days r tuff. Last year I was Texas rigging a senko type bait and catching quality next to channel drops. This year boat not been out since July 1st. Having gallbladder surgery in morning. Hope to have a chance to join the zero club in a couple weeks. Keep chunking guys.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-08-2018, 08:39 PM
notorious's Avatar
notorious notorious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: The Great State of Tennessee
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Hey Skillet,
Could be your hat.....Just saying.

Welp...there ya have it....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-09-2018, 07:33 AM
pitbull pitbull is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 74
Default

Glad to know there's a club I fit right in to!.... Last year I couldn't go out with out catching a 5-6lb fish, this year I can only catch a heat stroke..... Adrian's post did give me some hope, but where I'm fishing (upper end of Cordell) the water can still be in the mid 60's so they're still being caught fairly shallow. There was a 7.4 caught in last weeks tournament (they had 11+ in just 2 fish!) and another guy that wasn't in the deal but fished with us had one that was 8.3.... I had zero keepers... Disappointing to say the least...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 AM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is online now
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Hey Skillet,

Watch some Bill Dance videos. He always catches lunkers.

Could be your hat.....Just saying.

Good luck on your next trip!

TerryD (aka Meathog)


Iíve tried different hats last couple weeks😂😂😂😂. I am superstitious about that and catching a fish on the first cast. I catch a fish first cast, I go home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-09-2018, 10:58 AM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is online now
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Hang in there skillet. Dog days r tuff. Last year I was Texas rigging a senko type bait and catching quality next to channel drops. This year boat not been out since July 1st. Having gallbladder surgery in morning. Hope to have a chance to join the zero club in a couple weeks. Keep chunking guys.


Youíll be healed up in no time and not catching fish before you know it!! Hope all goes well for ya


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com