FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-28-2018, 07:18 PM

Default River fishing

I dont want Merv to feel left out on being the only one to post a report, so here is mine.
I was joined by another member today on the river who i will keep a secret in case he chooses not to be witness to the stink fest that was jigging today.
Crap generation led to crap results. My fishing companion boated the first toad suager of the day. If that fish wasnt 7 pounds it was 7". Lol.
Several long hours later it felt like my jig was hammered....caught me off gaurd and i almost dropped my rod. I had visions of monster toothy fish at first....then i thought catfish.....it ended up being a drum.
We did some exploring....all fruitless. The wind blowing up river was more powerful than the 1 generator was pushing us so that was another turd on the already steamy pooh pile of the day.
I did manage one nice sauger.....my fishing partner luckily had the net ready cause the hooked popped out and he sprang into action and gracefully scooped my fish up salvaging the day.
It was brutal....that was the first time ive fished there with that little generation.
I wont be doing that again. Lol
It was still a fun day though.
If i keep telling everybody i know how and where to catch these things and you come with me and we have days like this, your all gonna think im either full of $hit or need to be in a straight jacket and evaluated. Lol
I swear thats not the case.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:47 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
I dont want Merv to feel left out on being the only one to post a report, so here is mine.
I was joined by another member today on the river who i will keep a secret in case he chooses not to be witness to the stink fest that was jigging today.
Crap generation led to crap results. My fishing companion boated the first toad suager of the day. If that fish wasnt 7 pounds it was 7". Lol.
Several long hours later it felt like my jig was hammered....caught me off gaurd and i almost dropped my rod. I had visions of monster toothy fish at first....then i thought catfish.....it ended up being a drum.
We did some exploring....all fruitless. The wind blowing up river was more powerful than the 1 generator was pushing us so that was another turd on the already steamy pooh pile of the day.
I did manage one nice sauger.....my fishing partner luckily had the net ready cause the hooked popped out and he sprang into action and gracefully scooped my fish up salvaging the day.
It was brutal....that was the first time ive fished there with that little generation.
If i keep telling everybody i know how and where to catch these things and you come with me and we have days like this, your all gonna think im either full of $hit or need to be in a straight jacket and evaluated. Lol
So the only thing I got out of this whole spiel is that your fishing partner ILLEGALLY netted a free swimming sauger.
The fact that this particular fish had at one point in its life been hooked and RELEASED, whether intentionally or not, by a fisherman does not make the NETTING of a free swimming fish right, in the eyes of the law.
It's no different from blind casting a castnet and catching a FREE SWIMMING FISH. If the fish was not connected to the fishing pole via line and hook when it was netted, it should have been allowed to swim free.
I will be copy/pasting this post to the proper authorities!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2018, 11:18 PM

Did i say net? Sorry.....i tried to word it in a manner that was believable. What really happened was i got my favorite blade bait snagged in a rock in 40' of water. My buddy seeing my dismay promptly jumped into the 45 degree water... with no air tank or wet suit OR weight assist belt and dove down into the murky depths of the cumberland....unafraid and swam down, spotted my blade bait and unhooked it. In the process seen my massive sauger....which by the way was ATLEAST 10 pounds and noodled that fish without a glove. Swam back up to the top, tossed me my beloved blade bait and politely handed me my prized trophy sauger....nay...PRESENTED me my prized trophy sauger.
Now keep in mind, this man was on my boat, yet he still had enough class to treat me as if i was the client, and he was my guide.
If there should happen to be any other guides on the forum.....perhaps retired guys that guide on priest for example.....they could probably learn a lesson from this man who chose to remain nameless.
Im not saying he was a superhero....what im saying is he IS a superhero.
Obviously, there are no pictures of my world record fish as this man chose not to be hoisted on any shoulders or to be a glory hog....he was just doing what he felt was right. And i thank him.....wherever he may be.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Did i say net? Sorry.....i tried to word it in a manner that was believable. What really happened was i got my favorite blade bait snagged in a rock in 40' of water. My buddy seeing my dismay promptly jumped into the 45 degree water... with no air tank or wet suit OR weight assist belt and dove down into the murky depths of the cumberland....unafraid and swam down, spotted my blade bait and unhooked it. In the process seen my massive sauger....which by the way was ATLEAST 10 pounds and noodled that fish without a glove. Swam back up to the top, tossed me my beloved blade bait and politely handed me my prized trophy sauger....nay...PRESENTED me my prized trophy sauger.
Now keep in mind, this man was on my boat, yet he still had enough class to treat me as if i was the client, and he was my guide.
If there should happen to be any other guides on the forum.....perhaps retired guys that guide on priest for example.....they could probably learn a lesson from this man who chose to remain nameless.
Im not saying he was a superhero....what im saying is he IS a superhero.
Obviously, there are no pictures of my world record fish as this man chose not to be hoisted on any shoulders or to be a glory hog....he was just doing what he felt was right. And i thank him.....wherever he may be.
So weak. So lame.
I move that this post be stricken from the record .
It's so bad I would be under the impression that Halli wrote it.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:45 AM

The facts dont lie sir!
You can call up Bill Dance himself and ask him. It was him after all that did all that for me.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:57 PM

--
I think Vandy has a good psych ward, in case your fishing partners need to know
Old 01-29-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:

All this is true........

I am also a damn good net man! Legal or not Merv, I am good at it.

I did get a good laugh as John was struggling to get his left hand out of his pocket as the drum was pulling the rod out of his right hand.

It was cold, it was windy and not many fish were caught. I would do it all over again because those fish are damn tasty.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:25 PM

Merv, I'm still waiting on a hybrid trip so I can jinx you. If netting a free swimming fish is illegal wait till you see my A-rig...............
Old 01-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Sunfish Assassin

Yeah tnbronzeback that river at 1 gen is usally void of life it seems like to me except directly below the dam and even then it can be a grind, I only go there in the winter anymore if theres 2 or more gens going and the river is up at least 5 feet.

Happy Fishing
Old 01-29-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnCreekMaster View Post
Yeah tnbronzeback that river at 1 gen is usally void of life it seems like to me except directly below the dam and even then it can be a grind, I only go there in the winter anymore if theres 2 or more gens going and the river is up at least 5 feet.

Happy Fishing
Lessons were learned and logged away from that trip. I dont understand the lack of generation this winter. Its been fairly rainy and super cold....i figured they would be running it alot more than they actually have been.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
All this is true........

I am also a damn good net man! Legal or not Merv, I am good at it.

I did get a good laugh as John was struggling to get his left hand out of his pocket as the drum was pulling the rod out of his right hand.

It was cold, it was windy and not many fish were caught. I would do it all over again because those fish are damn tasty.
Lmao.....that hit scared the crap outta me! I wasnt expecting that at all.
You are a damn good net man! Flawless form....thats old school netting there....pure instinct!
Old 01-29-2018, 10:08 PM

OK, you two yokels have an invite to fish with the indomitable nashvillefishingguideS.com this coming weekend.....for.two reasons.
1. To see the incredible netting skills of juice, and
2. To see if the jinx of TNBRONZEBACK can extend itself from the Cumberland river to Percy Priest lake and overpower the impressive skill of agelesssone to find....AND CATCH...big hybrid Cherokee bass!
Now, those that have had the misfortune of sharing a boat with BIG JOHN, AKA TN Bronzeback, are fully aware if his inability to catch sauger in HIS favorite honeyholes are wondering if he is also capable of jinxing a lakewide famous (at least in his own mind) guide such as the fantastic AGELESSSONE, on his home lake of J Percy Priest.
I say the only way to find this out is to have the aforementioned TNBronzeback come on board and try his hand at jinxing this legend (in his own mind, mind you).
With the skills of ninja netter, xxjuicexx, obviously a fish need only STRIKE at a lure to be netted by the juicemaster.
Let the gauntlet be thrown!
Old 01-29-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Lmao.........thats old school netting there....pure instinct!

Yeah, you can't teach that!