FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default White bass.

Had a great day catching white bass below Nickajack Dam today. I got up this morning at 5:30.a.m. I was supposed to go to physical therapy for a pinched nerve in my back......but they pulled and tortured me so much yesterday I decided at 6:00 a.m. I would head to Nickajack. Called and left message I would see my PT next week....LOL. I experienced today what I have only experienced about 3 times in my life of fishing. The white bass bite was so light it was hardly discernible......and while you can see from the sonar image there were literally hundreds and hundreds of them, but they did not really want to bite. After 6 hours I had landed around 55 white bass.....many of them sows heavy with eggs. I used Trout Magnet......ThunderHawk Dancer......and some Fin Spins to try and find something they really wanted more than the other. I saw many folks running and gunning to find some fish......I did not do that. I sat on that pile of fish until I was ready to go home.....and it paid off. I was using my Tict Ice Cube Rockin Drift 6’ 9” UL Mebaru rod today...spooled with 2# test SOS and an 18 inch section of Phantom fluorocarbon leader. I had a ball.....great weather.....and the Ice Cube was doubled over as these fish were “Diggin”. It was nice to see them fighting in the clear water. I had a bonus fish today.....a very nice yellow perch....nice for these parts anyway. I also saw a panel truck lose his brakes today going down Monteagle and had to shoot up the runaway truck ramp. He was ok and man do they stop a truck. Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Master Trout Magnet

More pics.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Sonar image.