FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 11-27-2018, 12:50 AM

Default "Kinda Early Isnt It?"

were the words spoken to me at a bait shop as i stopped in last week to get some bait for my season opener on the river.
Kinda Early Isnt It??? Very very nice guy, we talked for several minutes before parting ways. my general jigging rule has always been if the water temp is below 60, the will start to show up in their winter homes. and such was the case this past Saturday.
the water wasn't gonna get turned on till 7:00am so i had no desire to be out there butt crack early. my rig hit the water at 9:45. i decided to run way way down river to some totally new to me water that i have eye balled for the past few years. i will fish there again but i wont make the long run. not down river anyways.
i am looking for some free video editing software that i can insert still pictures between my video clips. ive been wanting to produce a "sauger fishing 101" kinda video for a few years now and this year is the year if i can get it done how i want it. But until i can do that, below is a link to some of my catches from roughly 4.5 hours of fishing Saturday. I have 2 gopro's and my older one craps out at random intervals so i don't have all my catches in the video, but enough to maybe get the blood pumping to some of you fellow winter river rats.
Lastly, before any of my "friends" on here want to crack jokes on how damn good i look, i understand my camera was not at a very flattering angle, plus these stupid Go-Pro's add about 150 pounds to ya. LOL . i need to find a different mount/mount location. so save your smart a$$ comments. lol
If any body has any questions, suggestions or anything like that on winter jigging, I'm an open book.
https://youtu.be/g0cacOELwWQ
Old 11-27-2018, 01:12 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Great !! <'TK><

John, great Video ... Keep it up .... <'TK><
Old 11-27-2018, 07:09 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
were the words spoken to me at a bait shop as i stopped in last week to get some bait for my season opener on the river.
Kinda Early Isnt It??? Very very nice guy, we talked for several minutes before parting ways. my general jigging rule has always been if the water temp is below 60, the will start to show up in their winter homes. and such was the case this past Saturday.
the water wasn't gonna get turned on till 7:00am so i had no desire to be out there butt crack early. my rig hit the water at 9:45. i decided to run way way down river to some totally new to me water that i have eye balled for the past few years. i will fish there again but i wont make the long run. not down river anyways.
i am looking for some free video editing software that i can insert still pictures between my video clips. ive been wanting to produce a "sauger fishing 101" kinda video for a few years now and this year is the year if i can get it done how i want it. But until i can do that, below is a link to some of my catches from roughly 4.5 hours of fishing Saturday. I have 2 gopro's and my older one craps out at random intervals so i don't have all my catches in the video, but enough to maybe get the blood pumping to some of you fellow winter river rats.
Lastly, before any of my "friends" on here want to crack jokes on how damn good i look, i understand my camera was not at a very flattering angle, plus these stupid Go-Pro's add about 150 pounds to ya. LOL . i need to find a different mount/mount location. so save your smart a$$ comments. lol
If any body has any questions, suggestions or anything like that on winter jigging, I'm an open book.
https://youtu.be/g0cacOELwWQ
Old 11-27-2018, 07:17 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Ok...try this again. I use iMovie an can insert photos anywhere in the video. As for your older GoPro intermittently crapping out, Hero 6 and Hero 7 do the same. Many will tell you they have never had a problem...and that is true....but far too many have issues with these cameras. Now that it is no longer hot as blazes mine works fine.....but when summer returns it will start acting up...locking up again. GoPro exchanged my camera 3 times and all the same. I bought a Hero 7 to see if they had the issues fished....nope. So I returned it and am hoping they come out with some firmware that can fix the issues.

Regards
Old 11-27-2018, 08:07 AM

Dang, you hit the mother load. That is incredible how many fish you caught in a little over 7 minutes. What did you do for the other 4+ hours?
Old 11-27-2018, 08:20 AM

Alpha, is Imovie just applicable to Apple or do they have a version for Windows?
The 2 gopros i have i think....the Hero 5 and the Hero 6 black....which i think was thier first version of a touch screen. I dont remember exactly but i think thats right. That one works fine. No issues. The voice command is not great, but the basic recording for me (knock on woood has been flawless). Its the older one. Turn it on and the little display will say "corrupt file" or something along those lines, i keep that one in the clear water proof case and it does get warm.
Im not looking to get an award for my videos but inserting a few pictures of maps or something would be great. GoPro Studio is not bad but it doesnt have that capability.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedbass View Post
Dang, you hit the mother load. That is incredible how many fish you caught in a little over 7 minutes. What did you do for the other 4+ hours?
It was all "drive time" from ramp to fishing spot and back. Lmao
Old 11-27-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
John, great Video ... Keep it up .... <'TK><
Thanks TK, its alot of fun making them and adding sound tracks like Benny Hill.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:30 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Good stuff, John
Next time , get some closeups of the baits you are jigging with.
Looks like you had a white bass in the mix too.
Keep'em coming
Old 11-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Alpha, is Imovie just applicable to Apple or do they have a version for Windows?
The 2 gopros i have i think....the Hero 5 and the Hero 6 black....which i think was thier first version of a touch screen. I dont remember exactly but i think thats right. That one works fine. No issues. The voice command is not great, but the basic recording for me (knock on woood has been flawless). Its the older one. Turn it on and the little display will say "corrupt file" or something along those lines, i keep that one in the clear water proof case and it does get warm.
Im not looking to get an award for my videos but inserting a few pictures of maps or something would be great. GoPro Studio is not bad but it doesnt have that capability.
I don’t think there is a version for Windows. I do my editing on an iPad and it is ridiculously easy. I’m not out to win any contest either....LOL. It seems many action cams have these isssues. The deal with GoPro’s is probably a quality control issue.

Regards
Old 11-27-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Good stuff, John
Next time , get some closeups of the baits you are jigging with.
Looks like you had a white bass in the mix too.
Keep'em coming
I think it was a little striper. It was longer than taller and the lines looked soild. I didnt check the tongue for final confirmation though. This trip it was the chartruse/chartruse that they prefered the most. But all the jigs in the pics are fish catchers for me. Other guys use black, red, green, orange, ect. But these are my stand-by's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181124_225414.jpg (3.26 MB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 20181124_225441.jpg (2.88 MB, 62 views)
Old 11-27-2018, 11:41 AM

In regards to the jigs and ive mentioned it a few times in the past....if you got the money buy these wedge style heads as opppsed to the standard footballs heads. They cut the current betted giving you better jig control and if your in heavy current you dont need to upsize your jig.
Thats rule #1 for river jigging. Go with the lightest jig possible for the most natural presentation.
While they may be pea brain fish, they know how a minnow is suppose to look in the water.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
In regards to the jigs and ive mentioned it a few times in the past....if you got the money buy these wedge style heads as opppsed to the standard footballs heads. They cut the current betted giving you better jig control and if your in heavy current you dont need to upsize your jig.
Thats rule #1 for river jigging. Go with the lightest jig possible for the most natural presentation.
While they may be pea brain fish, they know how a minnow is suppose to look in the water.
Good stuff TNbronzeback, I tend to use the 60 deg rule as well. There has also been good current recently as well. I like poindexter's jigs too... I have caught many fish on them. My favorite is the 1oz PoBoy jigs. How deep were you catching them on Saturday?
Old 11-27-2018, 05:13 PM

From Benny Hill to Nine Inch Nails... Nice!
Old 11-27-2018, 06:56 PM

Thanks for video. Sure hope I get to go chase some those toothie critters this year.