FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 10-30-2018, 11:27 AM

Talking There is only 1 thing I like about Fall

There is only 1 thing I like about Fall and that is... these things move closer to my house! That's It. Bass Fishing Sucks! Weather Sucks! Titans Suck! haha

Old 10-30-2018, 12:16 PM

Nice fish! I hope to get out next week for some striper fishing. I haven't decided if I will head up your way or see if I can find a spot down here. I replaced the trailer bearings and tires so I am ready to go any where I feel like.
Jim
Old 10-30-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Nice fish! I hope to get out next week for some striper fishing. I haven't decided if I will head up your way or see if I can find a spot down here. I replaced the trailer bearings and tires so I am ready to go any where I feel like.
Jim
I have no doubt they are down where you are. I also know where they are Not and that is upstream. At least that's the story last week. Maybe it's because the TVA app was a big fat liar that day! The bait is getting to that perfect "swimmer" size too. I may go down and hook the boat up
Old 10-30-2018, 09:18 PM
Fishing Fool

I have seen ALOT of stripers down by the dam and lock 3 area gorging themselves on shad but I can’t buy a bite from one. Went fishing Sunday and the lock 3 cove that’s been productive for me lately was full of shad, but no bass. Saw a bunch of stripe and huge cats in there. But not the first bass. 🤷🏻*♂️ Has me bamboozled!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
I have seen ALOT of stripers down by the dam and lock 3 area gorging themselves on shad but I can’t buy a bite from one. Went fishing Sunday and the lock 3 cove that’s been productive for me lately was full of shad, but no bass. Saw a bunch of stripe and huge cats in there. But not the first bass. ����*♂️ Has me bamboozled!!! Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel ya! My hatred grows for fall fishing daily! Every Single Damn Day is different. Either you are in the right place at the right time or you look like a chump! How can the coves be so full of shad and no bass chasing them? Then one day you drive by in the car and bass chasing shad everywhere and you don't have any gear in the truck. It's almost impossible to get a pattern going. Give me July any day. I know how to ledge fish like a mofo What have you thrown at the Stripers gorging themselves?
Old 10-31-2018, 08:18 AM

This one came out of 2 fow yesterday while bass fishing. Jerkbait, 10 lb line, fairly light rod. Drug me around for 20 minutes. Wrapped me around some shallow brush, which I had to stop and pull out of the water while she was still running. Very impressed with the sunline reaction fc line.

Finally found a wad of bass, but not in the obvious spots where you could see them chasing. There was shad around, but not a massive amount. But once I found where they were holding, it was lights out for about 20 minutes. However, I have zero confidence I could go back to the exact same spot and expect a bite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1596.jpg (119.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 10-31-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhick View Post
This one came out of 2 fow yesterday while bass fishing. Jerkbait, 10 lb line, fairly light rod. Drug me around for 20 minutes. Wrapped me around some shallow brush, which I had to stop and pull out of the water while she was still running. Very impressed with the sunline reaction fc line.

Finally found a wad of bass, but not in the obvious spots where you could see them chasing. There was shad around, but not a massive amount. But once I found where they were holding, it was lights out for about 20 minutes. However, I have zero confidence I could go back to the exact same spot and expect a bite.
Nice fish.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:03 AM

I hear what your saying Adrian. I firmly believe that the actual consistent fall bite starts much later than most people think. The fish are still very scattered. I want that 55-60 degree water temp. There are definitely huge schools roaming right now just not enough of them. And good luck trying to stay on one of those schools. I believe the same school could be sitting on the bottom in 30 feet and busting bait in a pocket a couple different times on the same day. It's feast or famine and I've yet to come across and active school busting the surface this fall while on the water.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhick View Post

2 Feet Deep, that's crazy! Were the bass in the same depth? I'm seeing them a lot in either 2' or 23'. I don't like to waste gas, but this time of year... I think it's a scam derived by the oil companies!
Old 10-31-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I hear what your saying Adrian. I firmly believe that the actual consistent fall bite starts much later than most people think. The fish are still very scattered. I want that 55-60 degree water temp. There are definitely huge schools roaming right now just not enough of them. And good luck trying to stay on one of those schools. I believe the same school could be sitting on the bottom in 30 feet and busting bait in a pocket a couple different times on the same day. It's feast or famine and I've yet to come across and active school busting the surface this fall while on the water.
All True! I hear what you're saying about consistency. I've been there when the schools move in and chase shad for hours, problem is, it was from the bank. The next day I'll launch in that area with hopes of crushing them, and they are lying motionless at the bottom of the creek bed in 20+. My wife asks, did you tell them we were coming? I'm not asking for much. I just want to be able to pull into a shallow cove and pick them apart in the grass, the jumps, blowdowns, & docks. Is that so hard?
Old 10-31-2018, 02:53 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
There is only 1 thing I like about Fall and that is... these things move closer to my house! That's It. Bass Fishing Sucks! Weather Sucks! Titans Suck! haha

Way to go, Adrian! Long arming a five pounder to make it look a six pounder!

Tell Happy to slap you!
Old 10-31-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post

Tell Happy to slap you!
ABSOFREAKINGLOUTELY NOT Long Arming. BullSh*t! Arms are bent. What am I, New? You wanna see Long Arming, just look on the Facebook Page. I have video if you want to see what a 30 pounder looks like...
Old 10-31-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post

Tell Happy to slap you!
Long Arm This! Fish touching the Brim of my Hat.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:03 PM

Nice fish!!!!
Old 11-01-2018, 06:38 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Long Arm This! Fish touching the Brim of my Hat.

RELAX! The post was "tongue in cheek", ala Merv and SAMBOLIE style.