FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 12-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Testing new rod on small stripes.

Had a fun day catching small white bass below Nickajack.....8-9 inch fish. Yeah...I know......not big as far as white bass go. But that is all that was in there....I mean thousands of them. Take a look at the sonar screen. I had over 150 of them and it was a fun day. At the start of the fishing part of video I land 2 decent large mouth on an XUL rod with 2.1# test line....quite a tussle. Most will want to skip over the rod review so just go to the 13:40 mark of the video. Thanks for watching and hope you enjoy.

Regards

https://youtu.be/fCVfaTld_aI
Old 12-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Great Video ... <'TK><

Thanks Randy ..... Great stuff as usual ... TK
Old 12-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Fishing Fool

You had that screen lit up and full of fish!! Great job as usual!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2018, 10:41 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
You had that screen lit up and full of fish!! Great job as usual!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for watching. Usually the small ones show first but this year they’re really small. This time last year most were att the 11 inch mark. Oh well....won’t be much longer before the bigger ones show.

Regards
Old 12-22-2018, 03:28 AM

Thanks for posting. Very informative and fun to watch.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:02 PM

Hey Randy, Do you have a recommendation for a "best bang for the buck" JDM crappie rod? It seems like I crappie fish more than bass fish any more so I'm looking to try something new. Thanks for your time, Scott
Old 12-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twohands25 View Post
Hey Randy, Do you have a recommendation for a "best bang for the buck" JDM crappie rod? It seems like I crappie fish more than bass fish any more so I'm looking to try something new. Thanks for your time, Scott
What’s the price range and what length? JDM Mebaru Rods are excellent for casting and single hand trolling for crappie.

Regards
Old 12-24-2018, 12:07 PM

I usually use a rod around 7 feet but it may be different with the JDM's and super light line. I would like your opinion on that. As far as price, I have spent a bunch of money on a bunch of bass rods. I'm not looking for the cheapest or most expensive. I have found some rods just give you more rod for your money. That's kind of what I was looking for. A nice first JDM for the money. Thanks again, Scott
Old 12-26-2018, 10:22 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
I usually use a rod around 7 feet but it may be different with the JDM's and super light line. I would like your opinion on that. As far as price, I have spent a bunch of money on a bunch of bass rods. I'm not looking for the cheapest or most expensive. I have found some rods just give you more rod for your money. That's kind of what I was looking for. A nice first JDM for the money. Thanks again, Scott
While I don’t own this particular rod I own enough Major Crafts to tell you this is a whole lot of rod for the money. I have recommend this rod to several at crappie.com and to several who have found my YouTube channel and all who purchased it are very happy. This rod has the new Fuji Sic-S guides. Same as normal Sic but much smaller rings thus much lighter than the normal Sic guides. I have this same guide set on several of my high end rods and I really like them. Love the Torzite guides but they drive the cost of a rod way up. Digitaka does not have this in stock right now. I would email them and ask when they will get them in. While you may find it other places I don’t think you can get it for the price Digitaka has it at, plus there is free shipping on this rod from them.

Regards

https://www.digitaka.com/item.php?item=4573236270609

http://www.majorcraft.co.jp/roditem/8976
Old 12-27-2018, 01:04 PM

Default Jdm crappie rod

Thanks Randy, I just emailed Digitaka to find out when they think they may get more in stock.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:09 PM

That same rod is available with a solid or tubular tip. Since they make it both ways, there must be advantages to both. What's the difference in performance? Thanks
Old 12-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
That same rod is available with a solid or tubular tip. Since they make it both ways, there must be advantages to both. What's the difference in performance? Thanks
Solid tips rods are better for small plastics....the tubular tip models can not only handle micro jigs but spoons....small plugs. There will be a slight nod in sensitivity to the tubular tip. Both models of that rod are very sensitive....and both can handle jigs as small as 1/48.

Regards