FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 PM

Default cumberland mixed bag 7-15-17

Had a family reuinion in the smokys the past few days so a cousin of mine came in friday night wanting to get his first striper. Fearful of mud coming down the canet we hit carthage about 4:30 am saturday. We tossed artificials in the dark with hopes of running up the caney at light to get shad. The water, while high, was still too stained to convince me to run up it in search for shad. We trolled and casted around a while. Got poured on some, then the caney really turned ugly!
So checking Cordell Hull generation we cruised upriver to the dam. 1 generated just kicked on. Dropped down my #1 jigging bait and 3 rips later boated a keeper walleye. Then a white bass, drum, small cat. Motored up for another pass and got a big crappie, another cat and cousin got a small striper. Shifted around some and made another pass and boated 4-5 saugers. 2 keepers and he got a cigar sauger. Toss in a few bass and some skippies and we finished the day on top. Got him his 2 bucket list fish. Granted they werent big fish, but he is now hooked on jigging the river and we are planning a week in january to hit em up when they are really munching!
Sunday morning hit priest for a few hours for some bass. First point we hit i had a bruiser rip off of a crank. Fished that point from all angles and depths to put 4 decent fish in the boat.
Tried to finish the morning by snagging any of the hundreds of gars surfacing close to long hunter but just couldnt get a hook buried.
First time out in several months so it was awesome to get back on fish!
On a side note, the home renovations are complete, house was on the market all of 36 hours before we accepted a cash offer over asking price and we close at the end of the month. Break ground on the new house in 2-3 weeks!
Old 07-20-2017, 11:32 AM

was you anchored at the mouth of Caney at about 9 or 10? 3 guys in the boat? if so I think we may of saw you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2017, 01:17 PM

Where are you guys moving? You building the house or hiring a builder?
Old 07-20-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel View Post
was you anchored at the mouth of Caney at about 9 or 10? 3 guys in the boat? if so I think we may of saw you

No that wasnt us. If we are talking about the same boat, it was a buddy of mine. I think he said they boated 1 in the 8# range.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Where are you guys moving? You building the house or hiring a builder?
We are currently in Lebanon and moving to Mt.Juliet. only about 15 minutes west of where we are now.
We hired a local builder. Ive got zero desire to be my own general contractor. Would save a ton of money, but sometimes saving money now costs more down the road. Lol
Old 07-20-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
We are currently in Lebanon and moving to Mt.Juliet. only about 15 minutes west of where we are now.
We hired a local builder. Ive got zero desire to be my own general contractor. Would save a ton of money, but sometimes saving money now costs more down the road. Lol

Yeah, I'm thinking about selling our house and probably being my own contractor when we get around to building. I've got enough contacts in the industry hopefully to do it. I still might go crazy during the process but I want to try and save as much money as possible.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
yup that was him we boated 3 two were about 10 and one 27

Old 07-20-2017, 09:51 PM

I hope your builder isn't Craighead. I wouldn't recommend him to build a Lincoln log set.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehick176 View Post
I hope your builder isn't Craighead. I wouldn't recommend him to build a Lincoln log set.
Lol...no its not. Its a small town builder. Only does 6-7 houses a year. Not trying to get rich, just make a living. Word of mouth kinda guy....not open to just anybody. Not saying im somebody, just the extended family i guess. Lol