FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-27-2019, 06:20 PM
tkwalker's Avatar
tkwalker tkwalker is offline
Owner and Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lebanon, Tennessee
Posts: 2,589
Smile Mmmmm <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
What do you folks think about meeting up for lunch there on Saturday, say around 11 or 11:30 and then we all can ease on across the street and check out the over priced stuff ?
Flatline, Great idea but I don't know how many members can commit for this occasion. We have a number of members who will be working booths. Some folks arrive early for good selections of stuff and will be gone by 10:00 Some folks arriving later do to distances that they have to travel since the Venue has left Nashville.

But great Idea though and I would suggest all that can make it to meet up for lunch reply to this post..... <'TK><
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-02-2019, 12:00 PM
TroutFiend's Avatar
TroutFiend TroutFiend is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Watertown
Posts: 722
Default

Are most vendors set up for cash or C.C. ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFiend View Post
Are most vendors set up for cash or C.C. ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both... I went yesterday and used both.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 93
Default

I was pretty disappointed with the seminars except the guy that talked about crappy fishing. I'd say there was about a dozen of us waited for the Sonar and GPS seminar. It wasn't what people thought it was going to be about. I'm not sure how to describe the guy that held the seminar but as cocky, arrogant and in your face... No I mean he got in peole's faces. Apparently he's not learned that people sub consciously have personal space and he he did this repeatedly. Couple left in the middle and the rest couldn't wait to leave. He may be knowledgeable about how fish finders work but he lacks in presentation skills and his arrogance was his downfall.


I like most others there was there were hoping to learn how to use our depth finders more efficiently, like best screen to use and overlaying and stuff... however what we got for almost an hour was how smart I am and how stupid you are followed by buy my 4 hrs dvd for $80 and I'll give you a bottle of screen cleaner. I mean guys damn near ran out of that room at the end.



I did find a nice Med Hvy Fast action rod and bought a Garcia Revo SX reel, some K9 fishing line and some jigs & spinners. I know I'm done buying tackle and fishing and boat stuff for a while.

Last edited by Flatline; 02-02-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-02-2019, 05:59 PM
skillet's Avatar
skillet skillet is offline
Fishing Fool
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rivergate area
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I was pretty disappointed with the seminars except the guy that talked about crappy fishing. I'd say there was about a dozen of us waited for the Sonar and GPS seminar. It wasn't what people thought it was going to be about. I'm not sure how to describe the guy that held the seminar but as cocky, arrogant and in your face... No I mean he got in peole's faces. Apparently he's not learned that people sub consciously have personal space and he he did this repeatedly. Couple left in the middle and the rest couldn't wait to leave. He may be knowledgeable about how fish finders work but he lacks in presentation skills and his arrogance was his downfall.


I like most others there was there were hoping to learn how to use our depth finders more efficiently, like best screen to use and overlaying and stuff... however what we got for almost an hour was how smart I am and how stupid you are followed by buy my 4 hrs dvd for $80 and I'll give you a bottle of screen cleaner. I mean guys damn near ran out of that room at the end.



I did find a nice Med Hvy Fast action rod and bought a Garcia Revo SX reel, some K9 fishing line and some jigs & spinners. I know I'm done buying tackle and fishing and boat stuff for a while.


Sounds like itís not worth the drive from Springfield. Thanks for the info.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-02-2019, 06:52 PM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Sounds like itís not worth the drive from Springfield. Thanks for the info.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I wouldn't. I mean tracker had one boat there that was last yrs model for almost the same price as a new 2019... a lot of the lures was no cheaper then what you can get at Walmart. There was one or two vendors that had some nice stuff. One booth Fish Ranger had a large selection of rods. I tried to find our very own Walkers booth but I don't know who he is or where to find him.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Alphahawk's Avatar
Alphahawk Alphahawk is offline
Master Trout Magnet
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbia, TN
Age: 67
Posts: 5,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
To be honest I wouldn't. I mean tracker had one boat there that was last yrs model for almost the same price as a new 2019... a lot of the lures was no cheaper then what you can get at Walmart. There was one or two vendors that had some nice stuff. One booth Fish Ranger had a large selection of rods. I tried to find our very own Walkers booth but I don't know who he is or where to find him.
Lot of reasons to go to that show besides to purchase something. Networking.....get to know folks, get info.....learn areas...lakes and so on. I found out where to go on Cordell Hull to get some shell cracker.....found out places to go on Woods to get good bluegill. Found out a lot of info from a TWRA fish biologist.....I never knew Florida bass were stocked in Normandy many years ago. Believe me one can learn a lot walking around talking to folks.

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 PM
dannys07 dannys07 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gallatin Tn
Posts: 43
Default

Well went fishing this morning nothing biting to many dead or dying the gulls were full not many fishing just sitting in the water guess the freeze took it toll on the bait fish so I decided to take a ride on over to the boat show funny didn't even look at the boats was pretty crowded not a lot of elbow room if you were looking for tackle and gear seems to me it's a lot nicer than when it was in Nashville I walked around checked it out and hands down the best booth in the building was the Trout Magnet booth their prices man you could not best then meet Alphahawk and bought a bunch of things as always they have their act together thanks for the chat and the info about the baits Randy got home went through my stuff and realised man I need some more for some buddies in Ky so another trip more stuff glad the fish weren't biting ended up picking up 6 rods at their booth after looking all over the place 6'6 light action couldn'tbeat the price again great booth and really knowledgeable guys at that booth keep and those little jerk baits they make are killer bass can't stay away from them
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:53 PM
dannys07 dannys07 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gallatin Tn
Posts: 43
Default

Alaphhawk got home put a abu Garcia redo x with 6pound test vicious hi vis felt pretty good going to try it out in the morning going to call the other guy there named Roy to pick up some of those micro fry jug heads he said he had some another reason to go ask ask questions I can't find them jug heads and I found out why but I found some cause I asked a question at your booth again thanks danny
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Alphahawk's Avatar
Alphahawk Alphahawk is offline
Master Trout Magnet
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbia, TN
Age: 67
Posts: 5,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys07 View Post
Alaphhawk got home put a abu Garcia redo x with 6pound test vicious hi vis felt pretty good going to try it out in the morning going to call the other guy there named Roy to pick up some of those micro fry jug heads he said he had some another reason to go ask ask questions I can't find them jug heads and I found out why but I found some cause I asked a question at your booth again thanks danny
Good to see you. Yeah Roy is my nephew.....he told me someone wanted them. I may...just may have some to get rid of.....Iíll let you know.

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-03-2019, 08:49 AM
dannys07 dannys07 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gallatin Tn
Posts: 43
Default

Great just let me know Roy has my number thanks
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:17 PM
ROBMO ROBMO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Gallatin
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I was pretty disappointed with the seminars except the guy that talked about crappy fishing. I'd say there was about a dozen of us waited for the Sonar and GPS seminar. It wasn't what people thought it was going to be about. I'm not sure how to describe the guy that held the seminar but as cocky, arrogant and in your face... No I mean he got in peole's faces. Apparently he's not learned that people sub consciously have personal space and he he did this repeatedly. Couple left in the middle and the rest couldn't wait to leave. He may be knowledgeable about how fish finders work but he lacks in presentation skills and his arrogance was his downfall.


I like most others there was there were hoping to learn how to use our depth finders more efficiently, like best screen to use and overlaying and stuff... however what we got for almost an hour was how smart I am and how stupid you are followed by buy my 4 hrs dvd for $80 and I'll give you a bottle of screen cleaner. I mean guys damn near ran out of that room at the end.



I did find a nice Med Hvy Fast action rod and bought a Garcia Revo SX reel, some K9 fishing line and some jigs & spinners. I know I'm done buying tackle and fishing and boat stuff for a while.
Dang.. I went to the sonar seminar last year and had the exact same experience. Glad I didnít go again this year. Sonar is something I think you can never know enough about.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:25 PM
ddyyak's Avatar
ddyyak ddyyak is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gallatin Tn
Posts: 157
Default

The guy is a jerk, he gave a seminar for reel men of god group last year and it was the same thing. Knows his stuff for sure but I donít enjoy being talked to like Iím an idiot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-03-2019, 11:00 PM
Flatline Flatline is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Rome, Tn
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBMO View Post
Dang.. I went to the sonar seminar last year and had the exact same experience. Glad I didnít go again this year. Sonar is something I think you can never know enough about.



Did he start the seminar by scolding everyone for not coming with a pad and pencil for 10 mins ? Yea that set the tone and it went down hill from there.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-04-2019, 02:32 AM
tkwalker's Avatar
tkwalker tkwalker is offline
Owner and Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lebanon, Tennessee
Posts: 2,589
Angry Wilson Frazier

Being a guide and Past (Bass Tourney fisherman in the 70's and 80's) I have listened to a couple of Wilson Frazier seminars when he first got started... Now this was before GPS and Sonars that are what they are today and yes he is knowledgeable in his craft ... and I am sure more so now ... But it does not extinguish the fact when you are rude and arrogant, that you think people are going to pay attention about your subject especially with the tone he has , I think not.

I live in Lebanon and want to see The EXPO Center to become successful in the Boat and Fishing displays, seminars and vendors... But people like Frazier is a negative in a lot of peoples minds ...

Now I have emailed Wilson Frazier with your post as well as his sponsors... I will also try to contact The Expo Committee before next year ... <'TK><


Wilson here are a few post about your Seminars this weekend at the Lebanon Boat and Fishing EXPO from my forum page on Fishingtn.com....

From my website FishingTN.com forum page on the Expo on the Lebanon Boat and fishing Expo. Check this out Wilson, You turn people off ..sonargps@comcast.net...

#1 There was about a dozen of us waited for the Sonar and GPS seminar. It wasn't what people thought it was going to be about. I'm not sure how to describe the guy that held the seminar but as cocky, arrogant and in your face... No I mean he got in peole's faces. Apparently he's not learned that people sub consciously have personal space and he he did this repeatedly. Couple left in the middle and the rest couldn't wait to leave. He may be knowledgeable about how fish finders work but he lacks in presentation skills and his arrogance was his downfall.
I like most others there was there were hoping to learn how to use our depth finders more efficiently, like best screen to use and overlaying and stuff... however what we got for almost an hour was how smart I am and how stupid you are followed by buy my 4 hrs dvd for $80 and I'll give you a bottle of screen cleaner. I mean guys damn near ran out of that room at the end

#2 Dang.. I went to the sonar seminar last year and had the exact same experience. Glad I didn’t go again this year. Sonar is something I think you can never know enough about.

#3 The guy is a jerk, he gave a seminar for reel men of god group last year and it was the same thing. Knows his stuff for sure but I don’t enjoy being talked to like I’m an idiot.

#4 Did he start the seminar by scolding everyone for not coming with a pad and pencil for 10 mins ? Yea that set the tone and it went down hill from there.

Last edited by tkwalker; 02-04-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Site best viewed at 1280X1024
© FishingTN.com