FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 11-23-2019, 11:51 AM

Default I just want to go fishing

I've been running around the country side for 3 weeks.. Finally made it home yesterday with hope to wet a line 2 or 3 times in the next week... As you see, its not fit for man or beast or fish... Looks like Monday will be the only day that will be half way decent.

Can or will anyone offer any tips of how you might think the fish will be acting in the midst of this weather pattern ? I'm thinking about hitting Center Hill.

On another note, I see Barren River Lake is down to winter pool. I mean its almost completely dry where 31e crosses the lake.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I've been running around the country side for 3 weeks.. Finally made it home yesterday with hope to wet a line 2 or 3 times in the next week... As you see, its not fit for man or beast or fish... Looks like Monday will be the only day that will be half way decent.

Can or will anyone offer any tips of how you might think the fish will be acting in the midst of this weather pattern ? I'm thinking about hitting Center Hill.

On another note, I see Barren River Lake is down to winter pool. I mean its almost completely dry where 31e crosses the lake.

My buddy invited me to CH today , turned it down because I have some things I need to get done but my guess is he will probably do pretty good today , tomorrow is supposed to be high pressure so prolly going to be tough
Old 11-23-2019, 05:19 PM

If you go to Center Hill then I would keep it simple. I catch a lot of fish there and that's usually my approach. This time of year and water temperature I would suggest fishing main lake points and bluff walls. Last year in late November and early December I caught a LOT of fish paralleling bluff walls with a spinnerbait. The water temps were right around 50 and the water was very clear. I would fish it just deep enough to where you could barely see the flash of the blades. If I were to fish points then I would probably start with a jig or a twin tailed grub on a swivel head like a biffle hardhead. My favorite bait on a rocky lake with clean water is a menace grub on a biffle hardhead in either 7/16th ounce or 11/16th ounce. I've caught more fish on that bait in the last 2 or 3 years than any other. It gets a lot of bites and it catches big ones too. One tip for you if you do throw a biffle head is that you have to really set the hook hard or you will lose a lot of fish. It has a big thick hook that takes a big hookset to get the right penetration. Here is a couple fish I caught this time last year on Center Hill on a bluff wall with a spinnerbait
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0946.JPG (1.15 MB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0947.JPG (1.18 MB, 54 views)

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 11-23-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:44 AM

Thanks for the heads up folks.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Thanks for the heads up folks.
I sent you a PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
I sent you a PM.

I'm sorry I didn't get it.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:25 PM

I was a little late getting to CH but it was a beautiful day never the less. I managed to catch this 14" small mouth 1st one this yr... So I'm happy.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:54 PM

This is going to be tough, my boat is in the shop, going to be a while because they are on vacation until monday and will likely take at least a week or two to get fixed

Now I have to mooch rides on one of my buddies boats until it gets back
Old 11-27-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
This is going to be tough, my boat is in the shop, going to be a while because they are on vacation until monday and will likely take at least a week or two to get fixed

Ur welcome to go with me. Just let me know what days you could go and I'll see if it works for me
Old 11-27-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:

As a matter of fact, I'm having a little boat on boat tournament against a couple buddies on Friday. I offered my brother to go but 90% chance he won't. I'll know tomorrow. If he can't go then your welcome to come fishing with me
Old 11-29-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
As a matter of fact, I'm having a little boat on boat tournament against a couple buddies on Friday. I offered my brother to go but 90% chance he won't. I'll know tomorrow. If he can't go then your welcome to come fishing with me
I appreciate it , just got back into town tonight and I think I caught some funk , have a sore throat and cough so I'm shut down until next weekend

So envious of you guys that have the ability to fish through the week during the winter
Old 11-29-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I appreciate it , just got back into town tonight and I think I caught some funk , have a sore throat and cough so I'm shut down until next weekend

So envious of you guys that have the ability to fish through the week during the winter
I'm glad that you weren't available anyway because I got called into work yesterday and didn't get off until 8am this morning so I didn't make the trip today
Old 12-05-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I'm glad that you weren't available anyway because I got called into work yesterday and didn't get off until 8am this morning so I didn't make the trip today

I'm better now

SO aggravated with Cookeville Marine, told me to bring the boat in last week , after I dropped it off they called me and told me they were off until Monday, called them yesterday and they said they were going to try and get it in sometime next week WTH?

Flat out lied to me from the get go, I understand they are busy with people getting their boats winterized but at least be honest up front
Old 12-05-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I'm better now

SO aggravated with Cookeville Marine, told me to bring the boat in last week , after I dropped it off they called me and told me they were off until Monday, called them yesterday and they said they were going to try and get it in sometime next week WTH?

Flat out lied to me from the get go, I understand they are busy with people getting their boats winterized but at least be honest up front
Which dealer is this ?? COOKEVILLE RV AND MARINE???
Old 12-06-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansfan2104 View Post
Which dealer is this ?? COOKEVILLE RV AND MARINE???
Yes, apparently they have one mechanic