FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-04-2019, 12:14 PM

Default Looking into a new boat

Hey guys, anyone have experience with Tracker boats? I'm looking into the 2006-2010 years. Prefer a 115 but would take the 90 HP outboard and 18-19 ft length.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Hey guys, anyone have experience with Tracker boats? I'm looking into the 2006-2010 years. Prefer a 115 but would take the 90 HP outboard and 18-19 ft length.
I had a 2006 TX-190 with the Merc 90 Opti Max.
I thought it was one of the best boats I ever owned. About the only one my wife liked. This boat cruised at about 35-40 mph. Past boats were more fun at 70+, however that gets in the way of actually fishing.
The Tracker had a smooth ride even in rough water and crossing wakes. The only thing I disliked was the 12 volt trolling motor.
I think if you found one with a 115 hp it might perform more to your liking.
Either way they are very good boats.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Wink

Sorry . . . Never owned one; but I gotta ask: why the tracker brand? You seem to have engine HP, year, size, hull material nailed down to what you want; and I agree these are the important items to consider (because they drive price).

So I'm curious about why Lund, Crestliner, Allweld, and other good aluminum hulls aren't in the running?

In the end, I've always said I'm buying an engine surrounded by the stuff that floats. Now, when you see my rig you'll yell "LIAR."

Old 03-04-2019, 02:01 PM

I've only been out on my 2019 PT 175 TXW (17' 7") 5 times, but so far I like it. I think its a little light on the nose, but I'm learning how to get around that. FB has a Tracker boat group and a lot of the guys are buying the 190/195 and seem to really like theirs.

For what people are going to ask for that yr model you're looking for.. Wouldn't it be better to just buy new for a couple grand more ? I mean everything will be warranted and you'll get to have a nice quiet 4 stroke engine

BTW there is a tracker dealer in Cookville that was selling brand new 2018 for like $15K
Old 03-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonDaze View Post
Sorry . . . Never owned one; but I gotta ask: why the tracker brand? You seem to have engine HP, year, size, hull material nailed down to what you want; and I agree these are the important items to consider (because they drive price).

So I'm curious about why Lund, Crestliner, Allweld, and other good aluminum hulls aren't in the running?

In the end, I've always said I'm buying an engine surrounded by the stuff that floats. Now, when you see my rig you'll yell "LIAR."

Mainly after looking at used prices Tracker falls into the price point I am looking for. I have fished out of a Triton aluminum and I was impressed, that's the reason I'm actually considering an aluminum. The other thing I take into consideration is I can find a 2008-2009 aluminum or similar year for what I can find a 98-2003 fiberglass boat. I've got a 96 Stratos now and want to make a good jump in years with the next boat.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I've only been out on my 2019 PT 175 TXW (17' 7") 5 times, but so far I like it. I think its a little light on the nose, but I'm learning how to get around that. FB has a Tracker boat group and a lot of the guys are buying the 190/195 and seem to really like theirs.

For what people are going to ask for that yr model you're looking for.. Wouldn't it be better to just buy new for a couple grand more ? I mean everything will be warranted and you'll get to have a nice quiet 4 stroke engine

BTW there is a tracker dealer in Cookville that was selling brand new 2018 for like $15K

If I can find a 2018 for 15K I would take it. Most of the boats I have found I like are 11-13K . I priced new and it seems that I will end up spending mid 20's to get what I want. I did find a couple used trackers with 4 stroke Mercury's on them
Old 03-04-2019, 02:19 PM

Had an old 85 with a 50hp Merc

I beat the hell out of it would run the Caney and Obey rivers with no problem.

Of course back then it was riveted so mine leaked overnight would have several gal of water in it if it was docked.

Was light and spun like a leaf in the wind.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post

The boat I would want is 28K on their site. The 15K has a 50HP motor and is tiny.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:59 PM

You can drive mine if you want, 2003 90 hp 185. I can meet you on Priest sometime. If it would stop raining.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:29 PM

Going to say look at the G3 and Xpress boat line.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
You can drive mine if you want, 2003 90 hp 185. I can meet you on Priest sometime. If it would stop raining.

I don't know if that's ever going to happen. I might have to take you up on that. What does yours top out at?
Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Going to say look at the G3 and Xpress boat line.

If one falls in my price range I will. I'm hoping to get another one this fall so I have some time.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I don't know if that's ever going to happen. I might have to take you up on that. What does yours top out at?
40 , and let me know when you want to, I might go out Sunday.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:44 AM

Sending message. Friend has 18 1/2’ with 90 Optimax. Less than 10 hrs.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Sending message. Friend has 18 1/2’ with 90 Optimax. Less than 10 hrs.

Sorry, sent the DM before checking the Forum.