FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 11-27-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBMO View Post
Good stuff TNbronzeback, I tend to use the 60 deg rule as well. There has also been good current recently as well. I like poindexter's jigs too... I have caught many fish on them. My favorite is the 1oz PoBoy jigs. How deep were you catching them on Saturday?
90% of my saugers & walleyes in that river, all over that river in the winter months come from the backs of holes. I will start my drift way at the front, get down to about 40-45', jig that stretch then on the back side my magic depths are between 33' and 23'. All that is dictated by the individual hole. Now think about holes you fish, they arent steep slopes, but they arent slow tapering either. Thats why i keep 2 rods with jigs and minnows rigged and ready and a 3rd rod with a jigging blade. The current in my stretch saturday according to my trash lowrance had me moving between 1.5 and 2.1 MPH. at that speed you do not have alot of time to fish the "hot zone" before your up on the flat. if i get a bite and miss or loose a fish, i quickly crank up and drop the next rod losing maybe 10 yards of water instead of 30 or so trying to rebait quickly. In the video i picked up a few fish back to back by doing that. Increases your fishing time in the quality water.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
From Benny Hill to Nine Inch Nails... Nice!
Yeah i didnt get to do everything i wanted to in the video, but i figured i would add a light hearted tune on the front end and end with a nice mellow mood. LOL.
that was actually Johnny Cash's instrumental version of the NIN hit. Lol
Old 11-27-2018, 09:59 PM

Great video! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:16 PM

Default Cumberland River fishing

Nice video and nice fish!
Old 11-29-2018, 05:08 PM
Fishing Fool

Good video bud. Gotta question though....did you change your phone number?? I’m pretty sure I sent you a text a couple weeks ago saying we needed to go jigging. Lol. Guess you ignored it so that you could actually catch some fish. 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Good video bud. Gotta question though....did you change your phone number?? I’m pretty sure I sent you a text a couple weeks ago saying we needed to go jigging. Lol. Guess you ignored it so that you could actually catch some fish. 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No its the same number. I never got a text from ya.
My number is 1-800-4-bigfish.
Seriously though dude, i never got it.
If generation stays good all winter it should be a damn good year.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:02 AM

good thread. would a drift sock slow you down in the current or does that
only work in the wind?
Old 11-30-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commdd View Post
good thread. would a drift sock slow you down in the current or does that
only work in the wind?
I think if anything, it would speed you up.
In my opinion, outside of the may flood, there is no such thing as too much current. I fish mostly between carthage and 231. even when CH is dumping 36,000cfs, that is not too fast. You may need to upsize your jig a little, but thats all. The more current you have, the easier the fish are to pinpoint in my opinion. They are going to search for structure. Not as a current break for themselves, but as an ambush point for baitfish. The heads off deep, fast dropping holes are a great place during heavy current.
If there is little to no current, i wont waste my time getting cold. Them fish will scatter and get SUPER picky on thier selection cause they have all day to follow it, as opposed to fast flow they have a split second to decide to eat it or let it go by. Opportunistic feeders in heavy current.
Same concept as the bass pros when they go to guntersville or pickwick, they all agree fishing can get tough with no flow to stack the fish up in predictable areas.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:56 AM

thanks for the details! very interesting!