FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-07-2019, 06:44 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Default Percy Priest goose eggs

Heard from a number of guys that Priest is still being really stingy with the hybrids.
Lots of blank tally sheets Sunday.
Did anyone catch ant hybrids?
White bass?
Old 01-07-2019, 08:37 AM

Arigs, cranks, and all manner from 10am til 3pm. Beautiful day. One fish on a 5" boot tail on weighted hook. Trolling 1.5 mph. Ran this all over Hong Kong and downriver until caught at Bryant Creek.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brid.jpg (845.7 KB, 53 views)
Old 01-07-2019, 12:19 PM

This might sound crazy but have u tried down by eom Hill and the dam? In 2017 by the end of the month i was catching them off the bank down there and i say this because the temps are parallel this year so i was actually expecting them to do the same. I'm going out there the next couple mornings to test the theory. Take it with a grain of salt but have u been marking any fish while in those areas at all?

Sent from my Vivo One Plus using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2019, 06:53 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonc615 View Post
This might sound crazy but have u tried down by eom Hill and the dam? In 2017 by the end of the month i was catching them off the bank down there and i say this because the temps are parallel this year so i was actually expecting them to do the same. I'm going out there the next couple mornings to test the theory. Take it with a grain of salt but have u been marking any fish while in those areas at all?

I didn't try Elm Hill or the dam area. Next time I go out, I will. Any particular area you have in mind?

Today I motored around Goose Island and over in OH Blvd Cove and marked nothing at all in those areas.

Moved Cook's Point and checked it over really good, nada there.

Suggs Creek fared the same, went back past Bird Island and nothing.

Headed down to Four Corners, back in Savage Creek area, nada.

Went through the Four Corners/Hong Kong cut through and circled Rock Island.

Found a few fish near Pooles Knob campground and put out lines, caught one small white bass. Fought 18-20 MPH winds til the TM batteries gave out. Moved over to Bryant Grove, looked around and called it quits for midlake. Headed back to Suggs.

Got back to Suggs, put out some lines and let the wind drift me at 1.3 MPH across the bay.

Nothing happening so I called it a day.

PS: any bait I found was at 30 feet.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:56 PM

I checked the ramp at Longhunter Sat and the water was a mess and there was only one boat trailer at 1:00 PM so I put in Sunday at Seven points. Water was a little stained but not like up lake. I pulled A rigs for an hour and caught 2 whites. I then ran up to 4.5 and th water was chocolate milk. I ran into Hamilton and there was no bait anywhere. I went back to 7 points where I was marking bait and fish and caught 3 Hybrids biggest was 3 pounds. Didn’t get skunked but hardly worth mentioning.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:15 PM

No I haven't tried yet was going out tomorrow if no rain. I was just trying to follow my hybrid journal I've been keeping the past 3 years and temps and conditions matched 2017 at this time so was just going to give it a try. Those hyrbids you think you've got them down in a pattern and lo and behold they aren't there. I'll let you know. Btw this was recorded when I was wading from the bank not on the boat.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonDaze View Post
Arigs, cranks, and all manner from 10am til 3pm. Beautiful day. One fish on a 5" boot tail on weighted hook. Trolling 1.5 mph. Ran this all over Hong Kong and downriver until caught at Bryant Creek.
I seen ya out there. Didnt know that was you. I recognize you white boat and yellow sleeve.
I blanked yesterday. Had some good hits on a 1oz chart/white bucktail road runner but nothing on arigs or cranks for me.