FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-07-2018, 09:59 AM

Default son's 21st birthday trip

My son will turn 21 march 29th..I am on vacation and would love to give him a bass fishing trip to remember without driving to Florida or Texas.
Last 2 years we have gone to Guntersville and caught a few but nothing to write home about.Have talked about Chickamauga but have never been there.Would like any and all suggestion on where to take him fishing that week.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:44 PM

Stay local - http://nashvillefishingguides.com
Old 03-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Thanks for suggestion.I suggested staying local and hitting Dale Hallow,Center Hill,Priest and anything close but the knuckle head wants to go somewhere else.We fish Old Hickory 99% of the time.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:09 PM

There are some good lakes in Alabama that are full of fish and don't get much pressure. Wheeler Lake(Tennessee River) is a great lake to fish in the spring and it's full of LM and SM. Weiss Lake(Coosa River) is also plum full of big spotted bass and LM.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:01 AM

Hook up with Rex Chambers, Smith Lake Alabama should be just about on fire right now. Plus you can keep all the spots you want under 12" and they eat like crappie.
https://www.smithlakeguideservice.com/
Old 03-10-2018, 08:21 AM

Thanks guys.I will run this by him and let you know where we go and how we do.Hopefully be trying to post pic of my smiling 21 year old.Dang i'm getting old.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
My son will turn 21 march 29th..I am on vacation and would love to give him a bass fishing trip to remember without driving to Florida or Texas.
Last 2 years we have gone to Guntersville and caught a few but nothing to write home about.Have talked about Chickamauga but have never been there.Would like any and all suggestion on where to take him fishing that week.
Chickamauga has become a nightmare imo, due to people catching 8-10 lbers consistently everyone and their brothers, sisters, moms, aunts, uncles and neighbors are going there, I would try Nickajack before Chick , last week I read a story where someone got a gun pulled on them over a community hole, its getting ridiculous there
Old 03-21-2018, 08:55 PM

Well my son says we are going to guntersville. I thought he would pick chick due to better shot at a monster. Any recommendations on places to stay and techniques to try catch one.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Well my son says we are going to guntersville. I thought he would pick chick due to better shot at a monster. Any recommendations on places to stay and techniques to try catch one.
We stay at the Econo Lodge next to the Western Sizzlin in Scottsborough. Its about a 10 minute drive to the ramp at Goose Pond. You can fish all day then walk next door from the hotel and eat. I would find spawning flats in the creeks from goose pond to the dam. They will be shallow I bet. Also fish the bridges and causeways in the creeks. Everybody and their mamma fishes them but for good reason this time of year. They hold a lot of fish! And don't be afraid to go right down a causeway right behind somebody. You guys should do well this time of uear. Good luck. Also, the hotel has plenty of places to hook your boat up at night, and we've never had anybody mess with our stuff. Just put everything away and lock it up. It will keep the honest people out but nothing will keep the thieves out.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:20 AM

I would recommend the Comfort Inn in Scottsboro. Also has boat charging stations and plenty of parking.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Fishing Fool

Sent you a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk