FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-11-2018, 11:24 AM

Default Aqua vu

Does anyone have any experience with an aqua vu? I’m considerimg getting one. Was curious if anyone has one and whether or not it’s worth the investment?
Old 03-11-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBMO View Post
Does anyone have any experience with an aqua vu? I’m considerimg getting one. Was curious if anyone has one and whether or not it’s worth the investment?

I have an aqua view that works great for manatee viewing in the gin clear water of Florida spring fed waters.
Tried it at JPP. Could not see much.
Sun light also makes the screen hard to see.
The one I have is cheaper model.

I live in murfreesboro. You can try mine if I can get it up and running. I do not use it any more.

Let me know.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I have an aqua view that works great for manatee viewing in the gin clear water of Florida spring fed waters.
Tried it at JPP. Could not see much.
Sun light also makes the screen hard to see.
The one I have is cheaper model.

I live in murfreesboro. You can try mine if I can get it up and running. I do not use it any more.

Let me know.

Thanks Jaycee, how far could you see in clear water. I plan on using it on DHL and the Cumberland river.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:43 AM

I used to have one....old old unit. I used it everywhere. I found it extremely helpful. DH is a prime lake for one too. You dont need crystal clear water but obviously you want it as clear as possible to maximize your viewing.
Last time i used it before it crapped out was late february about 7 years ago up in Rome. Between the first and second sets of islands past the 2nd bridge. White bass were running like crazy. I dropped it down and to see the amount of white bass was insane. Went just a touch deeper and the walleyes and a few saugers were very plentiful as well. Drifted past one good cluster of trees and saw 3 really nice walleyes laying against it.
I need to save some money and get a new one...i enjoyed using it.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
I used to have one....old old unit. I used it everywhere. I found it extremely helpful. DH is a prime lake for one too. You dont need crystal clear water but obviously you want it as clear as possible to maximize your viewing.
Last time i used it before it crapped out was late february about 7 years ago up in Rome. Between the first and second sets of islands past the 2nd bridge. White bass were running like crazy. I dropped it down and to see the amount of white bass was insane. Went just a touch deeper and the walleyes and a few saugers were very plentiful as well. Drifted past one good cluster of trees and saw 3 really nice walleyes laying against it.
I need to save some money and get a new one...i enjoyed using it.

that's cool stuff...how deep could you go and still view fish up in Rome. the main reason I want to buy one is to see how different species hold to certain types of structure and to actually be able to ID fish we are targeting.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:47 PM

The river was running pretty clear on that particular day. I would say 24 feet or so with a distance view on probably 6' or so. Im basing the distance off the size of white bass we were catching. The current wasnt dead, but not ripping either.
Sorry, i miss-typed.....that was up in Carthage....not Rome.
Launching at the ramp just across the bridge and running down stream past the 2nd bridge and between the 1st and 2nd island. There is an underwater cable or something around there i remember seeing the sign on the bank for.
I loved my camera, but man it can chew up some time just cruising along looking for stuff. Lol.....i guess no different in theory than side imaging. Ive burnt lots of time staring at my screen. Lol
Old 03-13-2018, 04:21 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
The river was running pretty clear on that particular day. I would say 24 feet or so with a distance view on probably 6' or so. Im basing the distance off the size of white bass we were catching. The current wasnt dead, but not ripping either.
Sorry, i miss-typed.....that was up in Carthage....not Rome.
Launching at the ramp just across the bridge and running down stream past the 2nd bridge and between the 1st and 2nd island. There is an underwater cable or something around there i remember seeing the sign on the bank for.
I loved my camera, but man it can chew up some time just cruising along looking for stuff. Lol.....i guess no different in theory than side imaging. Ive burnt lots of time staring at my screen. Lol
Would that not depend which side of the bridge you are on?
Old 03-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Uuuummmmm <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Would that not depend which side of the bridge you are on?
TNBB ..For those that know the area... I know exactly where you were.... And by the way Sambolie ... Things do shrink when things get older by nature LOL !! ... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 03-13-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
TNBB ..For those that know the area... I know exactly where you were.... And by the way Sambolie ... Things do shrink when things get older by nature LOL !! ... <'TK><
TK, not sure if age shrunk mine. Maybe the constant use just wore it down.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Mmmmmm ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
TK, not sure if age shrunk mine. Maybe the constant use just wore it down.
LOL !! ...I am glad this is a Fishing site... As everyone knows we stretch (no pun intended) the truth ..... <'TK><
Old 03-13-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
LOL !! ...I am glad this is a Fishing site... As everyone knows we stretch (no pun intended) the truth ..... <'TK><
Old 03-14-2018, 12:27 PM

My Go pro helps me out A LOT! Now it doesn't have a great wifi to phone live imaging and it does drain your phone battery IF you chooese to use the WiFi... BUT If you just turn on Video and drop it overboard.. when you get home,its like a kid at Christmas just waiting to see what you videoed down there on Old Hickory!
Plus they are pretty cheap on Ebay. My Method is i put a rubber band around mine and tie a 10 or 12lb line to it and drop it off the edge of the boat and go about my fishing..Then at the end of day,watch what i video'd.