FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-11-2018, 07:56 PM

Jealous

still stuck on 5.2 for PB

Nice fish
Old 03-11-2018, 08:00 PM

Congrats
Old 03-11-2018, 10:07 PM

I used to fish heavily when I was a kid and thur the years got to where I would only go fishing casually once or twice a year.Well last year the bug bit again and I started to fish every chance I could but it killed me I had never caught a really big Bass.Last year I got a 4lb Bass and that was my personal best till yesterday.I caught 2 bass 20 inches long earlier this year which normally would be 4.5 to 5.5 lb bass but they only weighed 3&3/4 lbs each they were kinda on the slim side for their length.I knew this was my 5lb Bass but wasn't expecting her to be over 6lbs but I am very happy it was.And yes everytime i go fishing I throw a Mepps for a little while at least; they are the fish catchest lure I've ever used.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:44 AM

Nice going. I caught a nice brown trout years ago on that same spinner in green.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Dakota S

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Sunfish Assassin

Great catch! This is the time of the year for the big girls! My PB was a 24" largie that went 8.1 on the scale, threw a weightless worm over a brush pile in Barron's creek and the whale inhaled it right on the surface. Those biguns get the blood pumpin!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:03 AM

Great bass and love that you caught it on an old school Mepps! In my younger years (about 40 years ago Mepps was my go to lure. I may need to knock the dust off and try them again! LOL
Old 03-13-2018, 11:57 AM

Default Congrats

Nice fish man ! and on that mepps too ! Did I miss where you were ?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:43 PM

I caught that fish in a small lake/pond.Earlier that same day I was at Lake Barkley and stopped where a small bridge went over a creek channel and was fishing from the bank for a few minutes casting out toward creek channel and something hit and just headed out peeling drag and about 20/30 ft of line so I started slowly tightening the drag and my hook just pulled out.I have no idea what it was but it was a good sized strong fish.It hurts to loose a good fish but to not know what it was really gets me.I was really bummed by that and didn't catch anything the rest of the morning,late afternoon I began catching some smaller Bass and then the big one.Almost quit fishing after slow morning but glad I stayed with it because afternoon was totally different with the bite.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:27 PM

Well this July has been slow fishing for me but yesterday I nailed a good one! I thought this would be a new PB for me but it weighted exactly the same as the one I caught earlier this year 6.16 Lbs but I will take it! lol I put this fish on a stringer so as to not keep it out of water long and wanted to get get some better pictures than I had quickly taken.The fish wasn't doing real well was turning on its side.At the launch site another fisherman took my pic and fish was better so released it but it came up again so I took it home;thinking about getting it mounted.Caught on a red rattletrap type lure that last month was hooked into my hand.Wish I could say fish was result of skill but this one was luck.I was way off of shore but decide to make a few fan casts anyhow and let this shallow runner sink a bit and was kinda distracted and lost where my lure was at;thinking it may be near to coming out of water I lifted my rod and it got slammed and the fight was on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BIG BASS 008.JPG (1.19 MB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg BIG BASS 006.JPG (1.28 MB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 6-26-18 lock mary 003.JPG (1.11 MB, 48 views)
Old 08-02-2018, 04:23 AM

That is a beautiful fish for this time of year. Congrats.
Ouch. Were you able to pull that hook yourself.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:28 AM

Yes it was a nice fish; wish I could have released it to live again. I was alone when I got hooked and after several try I couldn't get hook out so drove home with lure in my hand and pushed it through and ground off the barb and it came out easy then. I'm now glad I didn't destroy the lure!
Old 08-02-2018, 08:38 AM

Awesome fish, and congrats on the PB! That feeling will have you jacked up for a few days lol.

I Just recently Hooked myself for the first time about 2 months ago...right in the side of my face. Fishing on a small boat with brother in law and somehow my rod hit his in my back swing and when i came forward bam...bait stuck in my face. It was a red rattle trap brand very similar to yours. Luckily at the start of the day I put brand new razor sharp hooks on, the barb went in and out of my cheek. It happened so fast and the hooks so sharp I never felt a thing. Cut the hook and kept on fishing. Im lucky, could have been a lot worse.