FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Catching KY bass.

This is the 1st of 4 videos of a straight 4 days of fishing. I had more days like these but after the last of the 4 videos I had to send camera back to GoPro to be replaced so no videos after the 4th day...and now trolling motor is down...LOL. What is interesting here is my son was fishing with me...same setup...except I was using an “Ester Monofilament” line that sinks. My son was fishing regular nylon monofilament line. The point being that nylon mono has a specific gravity of 1 and the ester line has a specific gravity of 1.5. Of course all that means is that the ester line sinks and the mono is neutral in the water. Flurcarbon as we all know sinks but I only ever dabbled with 2# test fluorocarbon line for a little while.....I can’t see it. My son could not keep the Trout Magnet down in the water column for those bass to hit it....he did go up to a 1/8 ounce jig head to try to keep it down but for whatever reason they would not hit his Trout Magnet. I felt bad for him. Anyway this linewill now be on one of my reels all the time...I love the stuff and it is sensitive beyond belief...as I said fluorocarbon will accomplish the same thing but I can’t see the stuff. I’ve also gotten into the crappie but I don’t have any videos of them. As soon as motor gets here will hit it again. The fall looks like it is shaping up good. Hope you enjoy the video.

Regards

https://youtu.be/ieb1mYrRYFY

Regards

Last edited by Alphahawk; 08-30-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:25 PM
Fishing Fool

Default Catching KY bass.

Daggum Alpha....here we are struggling to catch 14” largemouth and you’re slaying 14-15 “spots!!! Love it!!! Is there anyway you could open up an ultra light fishing training dojo??? I’ll be the first to sign up and train with Master Alpha!!! Great video and it was also good to see someone else get frustrated when a good one gets away. 👍🏼👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2018, 02:12 PM

Awesome video. Feel sorry for your son/net man. Been there and done that. Lol
Old 09-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Daggum Alpha....here we are struggling to catch 14” largemouth and you’re slaying 14-15 “spots!!! Love it!!! Is there anyway you could open up an ultra light fishing training dojo??? I’ll be the first to sign up and train with Master Alpha!!! Great video and it was also good to see someone else get frustrated when a good one gets away. 👍🏼👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the comment. Yeah Spotted bass love a Trout Magnet....or really any micro jig.

Regards