FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-26-2018, 10:13 PM

Default Scrubbed a little skunk off today-but not much

I was pulling 4 rods on OH this morning before the sun came up in hopes of netting some toothy table fair.
I trolled, yeah trolled from 5:15 to about 10:30 this morning. Cranks, body baits, spinning rigs, spoons, ect through bait balls, over rocks, through trees, across ledges, road beds, creek beds, and every other fishy looking thing i came across. Dropped bouys and jigged my best stuff.
Boated 1 obese catfish, 1 drum and snagged bluegill. Lol.
Found more bait than i honestly though existed in OH. I say that based on nothing substantial other than guys saying how hard the lake fishes.
Still a fun day to finally catch a few. Lots of great surface activity as well but instead of chasing i stuck to my guns and kept trolling....little tear in my eye. Im really surprised with all the bait i ran through and pockets of fish i didnt get bit more than 3 times. I had the 5XD's bumping bottom down to 20' too.
Pretty good sunrise this morning too!
Im over this hot weather crap.....bring on the frozen braid and iced over rod guides already! lol
Old 08-26-2018, 10:16 PM

On a side note, i talked briefy with a guy in the lowes parking lot in Mt. Juliet. He just purchased an alumacraft.
Is that anybody from on here? He said he fishes priest frequently.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:30 AM

Same here John, I'm just catching Catfish and Bluegill, Walleye were in lock jaw on DH for the moment, however that is subject to change in 10 min. They are 28'-38' FOW stacked up tight on flats and transitions....Next time I go back I'm trying jigs and other fickle presentations. Spoons, cranks and harness rigs did not have an positive effect.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:37 PM
Fishing Fool

Sorry that area didn’t pay off. We tried the offshore bass fishing there, you saw us, to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2018, 10:10 PM

Its all good! i liked the area. It could certainly produce at the right time of year for sure.