FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-02-2020, 12:54 AM

Default Defeated Creek 5/2

I took advantage of today's nice weather, this time Defeated creek / Curdell Lake to see if I could find some catfish... again I wasn't able to find those illusive creatures , but I found a couple coves that I liked. Sooooooo I decided to hunt some bass and today was another first... caught my first bass on the Cumberland river AND on a spinner bait. It s wasn't that big, maybe 1.5 lbs.. I took its picture and released it to grow up some more... I've never been able to figure out that stupid lure, but today they wanted black with a slow retrieve

Then I ran up on a couple of older folks with their grand son broke down, tied off to a buoy... starter went out. So I towed them 3 miles back to Defeated.

All and all a nice day...
Old 05-02-2020, 11:48 AM

Ahh nice. I always feel better after helping someone out on the water. Many years ago a tournament guy who was going to finish out of the money, towed me, the wife, and two boys back to the marina. Always happy to pay that one forward.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweatherfisherman View Post
Ahh nice. I always feel better after helping someone out on the water. Many years ago a tournament guy who was going to finish out of the money, towed me, the wife, and two boys back to the marina. Always happy to pay that one forward.

Yea... Last yr I was just north of Rome ramp when my ignition decided to quit working... the dam was releasing a ton of water and it was windy as all get out... I was like how the hell was I going to get out of this mess. So I dropped the trolling motor and hoped for the best. I did make it back to the ramp and found it was nothing more than the ignition plug wasn't plugged in all the way, but I'll never forget the feeling of helplessness, especially when I knew I was the only one on the river.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:45 AM

I was on the Hull both days this weekend, But I was up on the Granville end. I Had A good day Saturday with 9 good keepers and 3 of those over 3lbs. Sunday was kick in the peto, nothing but dinks and boats everywhere...
Old 05-04-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I took advantage of today's nice weather, this time Defeated creek / Curdell Lake to see if I could find some catfish... again I wasn't able to find those illusive creatures , but I found a couple coves that I liked. Sooooooo I decided to hunt some bass and today was another first... caught my first bass on the Cumberland river AND on a spinner bait. It s wasn't that big, maybe 1.5 lbs.. I took its picture and released it to grow up some more... I've never been able to figure out that stupid lure, but today they wanted black with a slow retrieve

Then I ran up on a couple of older folks with their grand son broke down, tied off to a buoy... starter went out. So I towed them 3 miles back to Defeated.

All and all a nice day...
I want to fish Cordell again but damn everyone I know has a horror story , my last trip there broke my prop on a rock , went from 10ft to a ft of water and hit a rock, thought I lost my lower unit but just broke the prop , now I'm scared to go back lol