FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 05-05-2014, 11:13 PM

Default Calling all spider experts

Any idea what this is? Found it on my couch tonight, promptly made him a part of my couch cushion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile He is a good guy !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Any idea what this is? Found it on my couch tonight, promptly made him a part of my couch cushion.

Harmless ... I'm like a lot of folks that have phobia's ... Mine are snakes ... But I will admit I have learned and to accept them in my old age ... I no longer kill Garter snakes ... ... But only the bad boys that are in my space ... That is when S&W .357 takes over ... I know it is illegal ... Do to the eco system ... But when they are on my deck/dock or pond entrance they are Gone !!

As far as spiders ... I have handled tarantulas at the Washington Zoo ... and even talked my wife to rubbing one while I held it ... Harmless ... Spiders are the worse feared species ... I don't understand WHY ... There are only Two bad boys (spiders) in our state. So you need to learn what they are ... Brown Recluse and Black widow .. Like snakes ... not all are bad ...

Most people have phobias To me a big yellow and black wood spider making a web is art ... We are talking the size of a half a dollar ...

So take a breath ... Did I ever tell you about the time a water snake wrapped my leg while I was Trout fishing the Caney Fork with my Grand Daughter ... Walk on water I'm coming Home Jesus !!! Yep I actually did ...
Old 05-06-2014, 12:42 AM

Most don't bother me, just those two you mentioned. I wanted to make sure it's not a recluse. I grew up with pet snakes and had friends with tarantulas so most creepy crawlers I am good with. I have 5 cats.... Yes my wife and I are crazy cat people! So I'm not used to seeing unwanted pest in my house the cats do a great job of taking care of any bugs that wander in. I was disappointed In them tonight.

Last edited by XxthejuicexX; 05-06-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:00 AM

pretty sure thats a juvenile wolf spider
Old 05-06-2014, 08:35 AM

That is most definitely without a doubt an eight toed death dealer. They can run very fast, jump, spit and even in rare cases been known to use their cloaking power to disappear then reappear in another room of the house without warning.

I will be praying for you...
Old 05-06-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
That is most definitely without a doubt an eight toed death dealer. They can run very fast, jump, spit and even in rare cases been known to use their cloaking power to disappear then reappear in another room of the house without warning.

Crap, that's what I was afraid of!

If you guys don't hear from me in a couple of days you know what happened.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep Cats... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Most don't bother me, just those two you mentioned. I wanted to make sure it's not a recluse. I grew up with pet snakes and had friends with tarantulas so most creepy crawlers I am good with. I have 5 cats.... Yes my wife and I are crazy cat people! So I'm not used to seeing unwanted pest in my house the cats do a great job of taking care of any bugs that wander in. I was disappointed In them tonight.

Juice, We have three House cats ... And like you say they usually keep the place policed if it moves or wiggles ... Fun to watch ... <'TK><
Old 05-06-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Juice, We have three House cats ... And like you say they usually keep the place policed if it moves or wiggles ... Fun to watch ... <'TK><

Oh yeah, I walked in last night after work and a couple moths flew in the back door and all hell broke loose for a few minutes. My cats run to the back door when they hear me pull in like dogs, it's pretty amusing.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:04 PM

Not a recluse....but as far as I am concerned...they are all deathly poisonous and can kill me and are all planning to kill me.

Mike

Keep livin' the Dream!

Mike
Old 05-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Uummm ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post

Sounds like a Spiderman Comic Book !!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNfisher View Post
Not a recluse....but as far as I am concerned...they are all deathly poisonous and can kill me and are all planning to kill me.
Im with ya on that one!!!!!
the really dedicated killers are the ones that hop a breeze and thier single strand web floats across your face when your fishing 50 yards OFF THE BANK!!!!!! Assassins from above as far as im concerned! LOL

Mike

Keep livin' the Dream!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 AM

Yes, the paratroopers are by far some of the worst! I hope they slowly drowned as all eight legs scratch the surface of their watery grave.