FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-08-2020, 01:05 PM
Always Learning

Default Dale Hollow - June moon

Went to the Hollow Fri & Sat nights and absolutely whacked em. Several, several over 5#, both smallmouth and largemouth. For the two nights I boated nearly sixty total. Caught some cats as well. Managed a couple of walleye as bonus, which is table fare tonight. Been going for twenty years and this lake is fishing best I've ever seen. Slow presentation was key. Caught em in creeks, hollows and off bluffs. They were hungry and angry. Thank God I had my landing net. 6# test with great drag system proved enough to get em in, but man they were digging.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moonlit slaunch.jpg (75.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg brownie.jpg (73.9 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg finesse.jpg (62.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg marble eye.jpg (206.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg marble eye dinner.jpg (1.17 MB, 69 views)
Old 06-08-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culprit7.5 View Post
Went to the Hollow Fri & Sat nights and absolutely whacked em. Several, several over 5#, both smallmouth and largemouth. For the two nights I boated nearly sixty total. Caught some cats as well. Managed a couple of walleye as bonus, which is table fare tonight. Been going for twenty years and this lake is fishing best I've ever seen. Slow presentation was key. Caught em in creeks, hollows and off bluffs. They were hungry and angry. Thank God I had my landing net. 6# test with great drag system proved enough to get em in, but man they were digging.

Nothing but respect. I have been saying this for years. Walleye samich's is the best ever.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Sweet, my friend has been begging me to come down and fish DH with him at night , I can barely see during the day , I'm missing out
Old 06-10-2020, 01:01 PM

Exclamation Nice

Wow those are some awesome catches!!!!

I need to do that, Do you use Black lights???
Old 06-10-2020, 03:34 PM
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
Wow those are some awesome catches!!!!

I need to do that, Do you use Black lights???
Was indeed a lot of hook sets. Black lights used, but you could easily do it without them. I was fishing such light tackle so the lit up line made it nice being able to see when I hit bottom, but the strikes were very light and felt just a small "tick". Most of the time it was by feel rather than seeing the line jump. Although, it's always nice to be able to see your line move directly left or right when they swam off with it. Letting them have it for a second was key.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:16 PM

Really nice
Old 06-15-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Great report. You really crushed it on this trip! Congrats.