FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-01-2018, 08:47 PM

Default Watts Bar Dam 12-31-17

Spent a few days in Fairfield Glade this weekend so me and my brother decided to hit Watts Bar Dam for a change in water. Met a boat coming in as we were heading out and they said they were getting some cats and they had to swap coolers. So we found a ton of bait around the lock and even with my rusty throws, we got a ton of 3" threadfins. We boated some really nice cats and lost a ton more somehow. They about ripped the rod outta your hands but still didnt get stuck. After that slowed down we did some jigging down river. That was a bust as the day before they were pushing 45k and when we got there it was just 10k so the water dropped 6'-7' overnight scattering the toothy fish we were trying for. At the tail end of deep deep hole we found the mother school of white bass. These fish were stacked from 18' down to almost 30' on the break and ran for about 50 yards. We boated a few and had a few more misses ut they wouldnt commit to anything. Live minnow, bobby garlands, spoons, twisters all produced a single fish. By now it was getting dark so we motored back up to the generators for the marble eyed fishies we were after. The wind, now howling and swirling made it a real treat in the dark to try to cast, retrieve and control the boat. The guys that knew the hot stretch were hanging tight and doing pretty well. I got one nice walleye the first pass. It was just too difficult to work the light jig in high winds so we took a few more explative filled passes and headed to the ramp. Shame too, if the wind wasnt howling i think we could have done really good.
Oh well i guess, still great to finally get the boat wet for the first time since september.
Water was clear and in the mid 40's.
On a final note, my wife and i adopted a newborn baby boy back on november 29th so little man has really cut into my jigging scene this year...lol. Adoption....now THAT is a stressful ordeal guys! Lol. Add to that in the process of building a new house!!! Whew!!! Been a wild ride the past month!
Heres to a great new year and new fishing memories guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171230_173655.jpg (1.68 MB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 20171230_125905.jpg (1.96 MB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 20171230_124153.jpg (2.62 MB, 53 views)
File Type: jpeg 6196.jpeg (664.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 20180101_080151.jpg (1.99 MB, 59 views)
Old 01-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Congrats on new son! Nice catch.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Fishing Fool

Congratulations on the new house and the adoption!!!! That’s great you were able to adopt!!

Old 01-01-2018, 09:38 PM

The people like you in this world that choose to adopt are very special. My aunt is a foster parent and to see what a lot of these kids get saved from is heartbreaking. Kudos to you and congratulations on your new family.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:20 PM

Nice John, congrats on the outing,house and new baby!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:30 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile It's Going your way... <'TK><

John, Wow, new house, Great load of Fish ... And a Beautiful Son ... Happy New Year !!! <'TK><
Old 01-01-2018, 11:52 PM

Thanks guys! Its truly been a blessing!
After spending a ridiculous amount of money at a highly recommended fertility clinic in nashville and getting nothing in return, we pretty much threw in the towel, then as fate and the grace of God had it, we were contacted and selected. Even now just a little over a month in it still seems pretty unreal.
Now if these friggin subs would hit the gas on our house, and get it complete and mother nature gets over her hissy fit, that will be the finishing touch. LOL
Old 01-02-2018, 06:30 AM

Congrats on the new son. Not sure this year can get any better for you than the last.
Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Congrats on the new son. Good to hear you put that boat in the water again. I was thinking about giving you a low ball offer on it since it hadn't seen water in so long
Old 01-02-2018, 07:52 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

"On a final note, my wife and i adopted a newborn baby boy back on November 29th so little man has really cut into my jigging scene this year...LOL. Adoption....now THAT is a stressful ordeal guys! LOL. Add to that in the process of building a new house!!! Whew!!! Been a wild ride the past month!
Here's to a great new year and new fishing memories guys!"

How in the hell am I supposed to make some low life comments about how rotten a fisherman and even worse human being you are, when you go posting stuff like that?

Talk about ruining a man's evening!

SHEESH!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Mmmmmm <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
"On a final note, my wife and i adopted a newborn baby boy back on November 29th so little man has really cut into my jigging scene this year...LOL. Adoption....now THAT is a stressful ordeal guys! LOL. Add to that in the process of building a new house!!! Whew!!! Been a wild ride the past month!
Here's to a great new year and new fishing memories guys!"

How in the hell am I supposed to make some low life comments about how rotten a fisherman and even worse human being you are, when you go posting stuff like that?

Talk about ruining a man's evening!

SHEESH!
Sambolie ... HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!! ... <'TK><
Old 01-02-2018, 08:34 PM
TN Transplant

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Old 01-02-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Sambolie ... HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!! ... <'TK><
TK, I am no longer wasting my time on morons like Merv. I was just thinking about his comment that he had not had the flu in his 70 yrs.
Common sense tells us that anyone who has taken as many antibiotics for VD as Merv is immune to most diseases.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
TK, I am no longer wasting my time on morons like Merv. I was just thinking about his comment that he had not had the flu in his 70 yrs.

Common sense tells us that anyone who has taken as many antibiotics for VD as Merv is immune to most diseases.

Back,back,back and it’s out of the park!
Another homer for Sambolie.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:41 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Well SAMBOLIE, you SHOULD HAVE taken some of those antibiotics as it's clear the VD's have deteriorated your gray matter, if that is the best response you can come up with!

I'm sure I'll run into you down at the lake sometime. I'll take your hand, lead you onto my boat, go out, hook a fish or two, put the rod in your hands, and help you turn the handle to pull in a fish that will make you smile up at the sun, and try to remember what it was like to have once been as good a fisherman as the nice man helping you hold the rod and reel with a wiggly fish at the end of it.