FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Default Jpp 6-9-18

Went out solo this morning with several bluegill on hand. Started fishing around 6:30, landed a 12lb striper, 10lb. Flathead, 5lb. Channel, and several hybrid within two hours. My electronics stop working, so I checked the fuse and, it was good. So I decided I would roll up and, head in before the lake fleas got to bad. I went to crank my boat, and nothing, no power. Apparently my battery didn't take a charge, or is time for a replacement. Just glad I carry a few tools with me, I used my trolling battery, and managed to get in before 9am with a few descent fish. I kept the catfish, and striper, I grilled the striper for dinner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2018, 08:15 PM

Thanks for the report. Did you have jumper cables or did you have to switch the leads on the posts (TM battery to starting battery)? I’ve done the latter before, and dropped one of the nuts in the bilge never to be seen again. I’m carrying jumper cables now but haven’t had to use them yet.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:40 PM

Good report. The night bite is on for bass on JPP. We fished Wednesday night from 7-2 and caught the crap out of them. We only had one over 4lbs and one over 3lbs but we probably caught around 30 bass total. I caught all of mine on a 10 inch worm on a 5/8th ounce biffle head. I also had battery issues. I had to jump my boat off several times.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:20 AM

I had to move the cables.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 08:30 AM

IMO, the best time to fish for bass right now is about 9 am to 6 pm. They are schooling up and not to hard to find. Found 7 different schools this past weekend anywhere from 6' to 24' deep. Had a friend with me each day and we caught over 50 bass each day. Found one school Saturday that had several 3 to 4 lb fish in it. Caught several on crankbaits but texas rigged worm was the best.