FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-04-2018, 07:57 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Default May 4, JPP

Met my friend, (yes, unlike skillet, SAMBOLIE, and TNBronzeback, I do have friends) JK Travecca at Long Hunter and set out in search of webs (whatever bites).
Did a search of the Hamilton Creek area, nada.
Took off for Old Hickory cove and milled around inside the cove and marked some fish, decided to drop some shiners down and see what happens.
Pretty soon we found ourselves into some decent 3-5 lb hybrids, seemed like a school of year class fish.
Since JK hadn't been on Priest yet this year, I was afraid he had forgotten how to catch fish but after letting (making) him reel in the first few, he seemed to remember the routine....pick up the rod, turn the handle, let Merv net the fish, rebait, drop the bait to the bottom, turn handle two cranks, replace rod in holder, and wait for the next bent pole.
All was going well until he had a fish on one rod, then another rod bent down into the water, and he's begging me to help. Well, I'm always willing to help out a novice fisherman, so I grabbed the bowed up rod. But then another rod bowed up, then another!
Well crap! We had fish running around all over the place. JK is gettin wore out by his 3 lb'er, I've got a 5 lb'er running amok, like a SAMBOLIE off his meds, and God knows what is on the other two rods.
Finally land JK''s fish then he grabs another rod, start's fighting that one, I get mine in and grab another rod.
We managed to land all the fish then got out the pocket knives and commenced to cutting and retie'n.
All told , we caught 9 hybrids, lost two (one to deficient knot tying, according to JK, and a couple to just being Houdini fish).
Fun morning for two friend's that don't get together as often as they would like.
PS: There is a good top water bite in the cove of an evening, for anyone interested in catching a few hybrids.
I'm sure I'm not supposed to share information like this, but you know what? These are not MY personal fish, there are more fish in the lake that will NEVER be caught or even see a lure.
TWRA stocked 93,000 hybrids this year.
So, go out there and catch a few. Hell, catch a bunch, enjoy the resources that the TWRA is gracing us with.
And don't be afraid to tell folks where, when, with what, and how you caught fish.
They are put in there for all of us to pursue, catch and enjoy that pursuit.
Don't be pissy and smallminded like headhunter who just brags about how many he's catching but won't help his fellow fishermen to catch fish. He's a weenie.
Since I'm sure he has me on HIS ignore list, I can say anything I want! PUSSY!
Old 05-05-2018, 06:36 AM

LOL, glad you guys had fun. Nice report....I cant wait to retire and fish like you guys.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:13 AM

Great report Merv. I've always appreciated your willingness to help others out. Hell, you guide and are willing to offer spots out for other people to enjoy the fish. Some of us don't get out like we used to so any help that leads to catching fish is greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Now I think I'm supposed to make a smart ass comment or something but I'm just drawing a blank, I'm losing my edge.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Met my friend, (yes, unlike skillet, SAMBOLIE, and TNBronzeback, I do have friends) JK Travecca at Long Hunter and set out in search of webs (whatever bites).
Did a search of the Hamilton Creek area, nada.
Took off for Old Hickory cove and milled around inside the cove and marked some fish, decided to drop some shiners down and see what happens.
Pretty soon we found ourselves into some decent 3-5 lb hybrids, seemed like a school of year class fish.
Since JK hadn't been on Priest yet this year, I was afraid he had forgotten how to catch fish but after letting (making) him reel in the first few, he seemed to remember the routine....pick up the rod, turn the handle, let Merv net the fish, rebait, drop the bait to the bottom, turn handle two cranks, replace rod in holder, and wait for the next bent pole.
All was going well until he had a fish on one rod, then another rod bent down into the water, and he's begging me to help. Well, I'm always willing to help out a novice fisherman, so I grabbed the bowed up rod. But then another rod bowed up, then another!
Well crap! We had fish running around all over the place. JK is gettin wore out by his 3 lb'er, I've got a 5 lb'er running amok, like a SAMBOLIE off his meds, and God knows what is on the other two rods.
Finally land JK''s fish then he grabs another rod, start's fighting that one, I get mine in and grab another rod.
We managed to land all the fish then got out the pocket knives and commenced to cutting and retie'n.
All told , we caught 9 hybrids, lost two (one to deficient knot tying, according to JK, and a couple to just being Houdini fish).
Fun morning for two friend's that don't get together as often as they would like.
PS: There is a good top water bite in the cove of an evening, for anyone interested in catching a few hybrids.
I'm sure I'm not supposed to share information like this, but you know what? These are not MY personal fish, there are more fish in the lake that will NEVER be caught or even see a lure.
TWRA stocked 93,000 hybrids this year.
So, go out there and catch a few. Hell, catch a bunch, enjoy the resources that the TWRA is gracing us with.
And don't be afraid to tell folks where, when, with what, and how you caught fish.
They are put in there for all of us to pursue, catch and enjoy that pursuit.
Don't be pissy and smallminded like headhunter who just brags about how many he's catching but won't help his fellow fishermen to catch fish. He's a weenie.
Since I'm sure he has me on HIS ignore list, I can say anything I want! PUSSY!
Merv - you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time....

I see through your evil strategy here....I too was out yesterday with my daughter and went to check out the area you had posted about trolling between Hong Kong and Poole Knobs. I think there were about six boats trolling that area, and didn't see a one catching any fish. (including us)

So with your post today I figured out your strategy....you post where the fish WERE, so all your secret followers will go there and not bother you where you really know the fish ARE today... Pretty sneaky I would say....especially with that nice added touch by implying that only REAL men post accurate fishing reports. (btw - the real REAL men fly a Confederate battle flag off the back of their boat, but I digress).

FWIW - our REAL report for yesterday.. Hit all my typical crappie trolling spots and got bupkiss crappie. Switched to casting for bass and caught 6, including a nice smallmouth and a 3 pound largemouth covered in those black spots - caused by catch and release handling...likely from Merv taking the clients to the same spot to catch the same trained fish over and over again....

(all of the above posted in jest...never met Merv so hope he has a good sense of humor.)

Last edited by JeffsLowe; 05-05-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:18 AM

Jeff, your are spot on about Merv. You do not want to meet him.

No jest intended. He is a prick.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Jeff, your are spot on about Merv. You do not want to meet him.

No jest intended. He is a prick.
Thanks for the warning Sambolie...

Btw - I forgot to mention this one in my fishing report for yesterday...Any Pajama Boy can catch those crappies and stripers.. It takes a real HE MAN fisherman to catch these guys...
Old 05-05-2018, 05:54 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffsLowe View Post
Merv - you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time....

I see through your evil strategy here....I too was out yesterday with my daughter and went to check out the area you had posted about trolling between Hong Kong and Poole Knobs. I think there were about six boats trolling that area, and didn't see a one catching any fish. (including us)

So with your post today I figured out your strategy....you post where the fish WERE, so all your secret followers will go there and not bother you where you really know the fish ARE today... Pretty sneaky I would say....especially with that nice added touch by implying that only REAL men post accurate fishing reports. (btw - the real REAL men fly a Confederate battle flag off the back of their boat, but I digress).

FWIW - our REAL report for yesterday.. Hit all my typical crappie trolling spots and got bupkiss crappie. Switched to casting for bass and caught 6, including a nice smallmouth and a 3 pound largemouth covered in those black spots - caused by catch and release handling...likely from Merv taking the clients to the same spot to catch the same trained fish over and over again....

(all of the above posted in jest...never met Merv so hope he has a good sense of humor.)
Jeff, here's a short retort to your post.
I went back to the spot in Old Hickory cove where JKTRAVECCA and I caught our hybrids yesterday. Nada, nothing, not ONE frigging bite!
So, even though someone posts about a spot where they caught fish yesterday does not mean the fish will still be there the next day.
This is why I find the "secretive fishermen" so laughable.
As many days as I fish per week, month, year, I am still amazed at the way these fish can disappear from a REGION overnite, seen it happen many, many times.
I've had trips where we would catch 30-40 fish in a four hour trip only to go the next day and catch one or two.
Do some searching around and find them 1-2 miles away.
And as far as the crappie go, we did catch 2 today while fishing for hybrids....in 35 FOW, suspended at 16 ft.
I haven't tried shallow for crappie this year, been busy with hybrids. Both crappie today were whites, both had eggs, and both were12.5 inches?
And I do have a good sense of humor and am not quick to anger or be butthurt.....except for SAMBOLIE. I admire that man like he is a god, and he only insults me. Cuts me to the quick, I've tried everything I know to get him to accept me for the fishing god that I am and, yet, he hates me.
THE BASTARD!
Old 05-05-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post

And I do have a good sense of humor and 1. am not quick to anger or be butthurt.... 2.except for SAMBOLIE. I admire that man like he is a god, and he only insults me. Cuts me to the quick, I've tried everything I know to get him to accept me for the fishing god that I am and, yet, he hates me.
THE BASTARD!
1. Maybe you haven't had Skillet spread his love.

2. I don't hate you Merv, however I will not give you a heads up on my fishing spots. First thing I know you will be after the mate to this 8 pounder I caught this week.
0503181254.jpg
Old 05-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Yep !! ... <'TK><

Quote:

2. I don't hate you Merv, however I will not give you a heads up on my fishing spots. First thing I know you will be after the mate to this 8 pounder I caught this week.
Attachment 9622
Sambolie, that beats the Gar any Day !! .... LOL !! .. <'TK><
Old 05-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:

Attachment 9622

I lost that shoe last years. Looks to be in good shape !! You want the other one so you can have the pair!? Also, I don’t spread my love to just anyone. What kind of man do you think I am??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk