FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-23-2016, 04:38 PM

Default Stewart Creek Boat Ramp

I was at this ramp this morning and a couple of questions:

1) Can kayaks launch and paddle back into the cove there or is that area designated for bank fishing only? I noticed a lot of platforms that look set up for bank fisherman and seems like I remember something about that being off limits to boats/watercraft?
2) Is it safe there? I felt pretty safe, but I remember what happened at Mona a year or so back so just wondering.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtipps View Post
I was at this ramp this morning and a couple of questions:

1) Can kayaks launch and paddle back into the cove there or is that area designated for bank fishing only? I noticed a lot of platforms that look set up for bank fisherman and seems like I remember something about that being off limits to boats/watercraft?
2) Is it safe there? I felt pretty safe, but I remember what happened at Mona a year or so back so just wondering.

Thanks.

I have never had any issues, fished it Sunday. You can go back in the cove and fish if you would like.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:15 PM

Antioch area is where all of the bongo the clowns mudslime immigrants are being resetteled in Nashville. Being well armed insures you stand a chance especially on the south side of JPP.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Antioch area is where all of the bongo the clowns mudslime immigrants are being resetteled in Nashville. Being well armed insures you stand a chance especially on the south side of JPP.
South Nashville/Antioch has it's share of crime. However, not so sure it is the highest in middle TN. A body was found in Madison this a.m. and another in College Grove. I believe there was a third but not sure where in the local area.
Wilson County seems to have a lot of crime. Perhaps as much as Metro per capita.
Also I am not aware of the immigrants committing most of the crimes. In fact most seem to be simply local addicts/slime who have lived most of their miserable lives here.
BTW, I am a true Trump supporter and agree totally with limiting immigrants into the US and deporting any thug.
Also, my map does not show Mona to be in Antioch.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
South Nashville/Antioch has it's share of crime. However, not so sure it is the highest in middle TN. A body was found in Madison this a.m. and another in College Grove. I believe there was a third but not sure where in the local area.

Wilson County seems to have a lot of crime. Perhaps as much as Metro per capita.

Also I am not aware of the immigrants committing most of the crimes. In fact most seem to be simply local addicts/slime who have lived most of their miserable lives here.

BTW, I am a true Trump supporter and agree totally with limiting immigrants into the US and deporting any thug.

Also, my map does not show Mona to be in Antioch.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:52 PM

QUOTE=jaycee;74646][/QUOTE]
Old 08-23-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
quote=jaycee;74646]
[/quote]
Old 08-23-2016, 08:10 PM

Let's try this again. I will try to answer your question.
You can boat the cove full of fish attractors. No gas motors. A floating sign, now gone, was at one time in place.
Stewart Creek has lots of daylight traffic and is imo safe as any place. Of course I always thought Mona ramp was safe and actually still do. As safe as anyplace nowadays.
Other ramps you might try are West Fork, more of a river setting. I would not shy away from Mona. Hurricane Creek near Laverne has a wake free cove.
I have seen sheriff patrol all ramps. As in all parking areas, don't leave anything of valuable in sight in your vehicle.
Good luck and good fishing.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:41 PM

Thanks for all the info.

We have launched from Mona, West Fork and East Fork a time or two. Never had any trouble at any of them, but have not been back to Mona or East Fork since the murder out there at Mona last year. East Fork is pretty isolated, so I have always had concerns about it from a safety standpoint.

I have not fished much around Stewart's Creek, but while I was out there today, I thought maybe I should give it a try sometime. There were probably 8-10 trucks/trailers there this morning so looks pretty popular.

We usually float the Stones around Murfreesboro down to Nice Mill, but thinking about trying some different areas.

Again, thanks for the good info.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:46 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Always be be armed and situationally alert.
Know who and what is around you. Better to be seen as paranoid than to be seen in a casket.
Folks may call me paranoid but I'm not. I'm just aware that bad things can happen to good people any time of the day or night.
I didn't die in Vietnam walking point for a year by being "slow and stupid".
Don't intend to die here in Tennessee by the same.
If they kill me it will be because they had to beat me to death with my empty smoking gun and there were more of them than I had bullets for.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:02 PM

East fork is a little isolated for me. I was at Mona Thursday and sheriff patrolled. Probably the safest place now.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Always be be armed and situationally alert.
Know who and what is around you. Better to be seen as paranoid than to be seen in a casket.
Folks may call me paranoid but I'm not. I'm just aware that bad things can happen to good people any time of the day or night.
I didn't die in Vietnam walking point for a year by being "slow and stupid".
Don't intend to die here in Tennessee by the same.
If they kill me it will be because they had to beat me to death with my empty smoking gun and there were more of them than I had bullets for.
Merv, Sure hope you are not upset with me. I have not called you slow.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:27 AM

I have fished all those places, most even at night. I have never had any issues with anyone at the ramps or parking lots. The only strange thing I run into is people thinking it's a good idea to skinny dip on a boat ramp after dark. I do however live Merv's advice. I stay aware of my surroundings carry a big gun with lots of ammo and a very bright flashlight at night. Before you say anything Sambolie, I have warned Jimmy about swimming on the ramps at night, he does not listen.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:19 AM

I have fished and hunted on Priest for many years. Probably more than most. During late spring and summer, there are many ramps that are safe to leave a vehicle at that are not as much so in the fall, winter and early spring. For myself, I will not put in at many ramps on a weekday, at any time of the year, and some not even on the weekends, and leave my vehicle. That includes, but does not cover all, Mona, East Fork, Fall Creek, Lamar Hill, Hamilton Creek, Seven Points, Bryants Grove, and Poole knobs to name a few.

Maybe it would have been easier to name where I would put in, Four Corners, Fate Sanders, and Hurricane Creek (used to be bad, and maybe still is, but with what it the largest subdivision in the state right next to it, people seem to be there constantly and I have not heard or seen anything bad in the last few years).

I don't care how much they are "patrolled" by the sheriff or police, it takes very little time to break in a vehicle, or confront someone if there is a person with bad intentions who shows up.

Some people were finally caught at Seven Points a few years ago, they had someone watching on the road entering Seven Points and would radio to their partners, the thieves, when someone was coming. Don't leave anything valuable in sight in your vehicle and always be observant of your surroundings.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I have warned Jimmy about swimming on the ramps at night, he does not listen.
Swimming on the ramps is always very difficult, I can move a lot faster when I'm swimming in the water.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff