FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-29-2018, 10:45 AM
Fishing Fool

Default Anyone on here fishing??

I know it’s hot and all, but damn it’s quiet. Anyone fishing?? Got any good or bad fishing stories?? I’d sure like to hear someone else having better luck than ddyak and myself had last night....got our teeth kicked in! Started off we was gonna fish his boat, and out of flippers. His wasn’t ready and out of the shop so we fished out of mine and at Saunders ferry.

Put boat in the water and starting battery is dead. Luckily it was early. I called my boss and asked if he would bring me one off the shelf on his way home. Got the battery in, fired right off like it should. The spot I wanted to start at had people on it. Looking around and people are everywhere I want to go. So we settle on a pocket and start fishing. I had multiple issues all night, junk line, bad knots, lost baits, and small fish. By 9:30, we were both over it and loaded the boat with our heads hung low.

Long story short, The Curse of Skillet is back. Fisherman beware!!!! 🤬😒

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2018, 01:19 PM

I've been in Destin the past 10 days. Crushed the Red Snappers on Tuesday, been eating them every night since.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:20 PM

Tue night tourney was solid. A fish here and there. Main channel and creek. Only one spot had noting. Mostly plastics. Then the rains came and haven't poked my head back out.

How's the channel lower end looking? If I go out in the morn will I be dodging debris? Too much current to fish it?

It does appear they have sucked the frogs right out of the grass in the last 24 hours.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:56 PM

He forgot the funniest part of the skillet curse. While waiting for the battery we were talking and a bird shit on his shirt! The fishing sucked the the company was great. I can tell from the short trip skillet is a good fisherman. Hope to do it again.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:14 PM

I've been fishing a lot but just not posting much. I've been fishing a lot at night from about 6pm-3am. The fishing is pretty good at all the lakes I've been fishing. I'll give a little report on how I'm catching them.

JPP: The fish seem to be moving around a lot. Points are the deal som nights and shallower bluff banks on others. But we have always found them somewhere and they are biting when you find them. Spinnerbait, jig, and 10 inch worms have been my best baits.

Center Hill: The hill seems to be fishing small. Lots of dead water but when you get around some there seems to be a lot of them. Steep channel banks and on the edges of deeper flats has been my productive patterns. My best bait by far has been a white with black flake tube or a black tube.

Dale Hollow: Main lake grass. It's a pain in the butt to fish but it's holding some good fish. The thicker the better. I've been having the most success by just chunking a tube with a 3/4 ounce weight in there and fighting the grass all the way back. There are small bare spots in the grass and that's where you get bit or on the edge. You can't see the holes at night so you just have to keep casting in it and hope you hit a clean patch somewhere along the way back. It doesn't seem to matter if that clean patch is in 8 feet or 25 feet, you are just as likely to get bit in either. We just fished DH last night and our best 5 fish weighed 17lbs 15 ounces. I'll post a couple of pictures of the bigger fish that we caught last night.

I haven't fished OH much at all. I did go out the other day just because I wanted to fish fast and shallow and I had no problems getting bit. It was during the middle of the day and I just picked up a buzzbait put the trolling motor on high and ran the shade. I fished a lot of grass with no luck but caught almost every fish on a piece of wood. My biggest fish was 3.25lbs but I caught quite a few short fish as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1065.JPG (854.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpeg FullSizeRender.jpeg (638.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1055.JPG (1.10 MB, 40 views)

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 06-29-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:51 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddyyak View Post
He forgot the funniest part of the skillet curse. While waiting for the battery we were talking and a bird shit on his shirt! The fishing sucked the the company was great. I can tell from the short trip skillet is a good fisherman. Hope to do it again.

LMAO. That sounds like my luck Skillet. Haven't fished since memorial weekend until going to guntersville this week. Freaking corp,tva or however has spray what look to be the whole damn lake.was very tuff. Did manage 5 in the 4lb range. My lucky -- son had the 7.4 in march topped it this week with an 7.14 Poor ole dad not going back down there for a while unless he drags my butt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0128.JPG (1.79 MB, 40 views)
Old 06-29-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I've been fishing a lot but just not posting much. I've been fishing a lot at night from about 6pm-3am. The fishing is pretty good at all the lakes I've been fishing. I'll give a little report on how I'm catching them.

JPP: The fish seem to be moving around a lot. Points are the deal som nights and shallower bluff banks on others. But we have always found them somewhere and they are biting when you find them. Spinnerbait, jig, and 10 inch worms have been my best baits.

Center Hill: The hill seems to be fishing small. Lots of dead water but when you get around some there seems to be a lot of them. Steep channel banks and on the edges of deeper flats has been my productive patterns. My best bait by far has been a white with black flake tube or a black tube.

Dale Hollow: Main lake grass. It's a pain in the butt to fish but it's holding some good fish. The thicker the better. I've been having the most success by just chunking a tube with a 3/4 ounce weight in there and fighting the grass all the way back. There are small bare spots in the grass and that's where you get bit or on the edge. You can't see the holes at night so you just have to keep casting in it and hope you hit a clean patch somewhere along the way back. It doesn't seem to matter if that clean patch is in 8 feet or 25 feet, you are just as likely to get bit in either. We just fished DH last night and our best 5 fish weighed 17lbs 15 ounces. I'll post a couple of pictures of the bigger fish that we caught last night.

I haven't fished OH much at all. I did go out the other day just because I wanted to fish fast and shallow and I had no problems getting bit. It was during the middle of the day and I just picked up a buzzbait put the trolling motor on high and ran the shade. I fished a lot of grass with no luck but caught almost every fish on a piece of wood. My biggest fish was 3.25lbs but I caught quite a few short fish as well.

Damn, you retired? living the life fishing those lakes regularly lol

I've been fishing 4 nights a week at my local lakes (Lake Tansi) but really want to get back down to CH and DH , my biggest problem is 3 min to Tansi and an hour to CH , catching some fish but nothing bigger than 4lbs the last couple of weeks
Old 06-29-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Damn, you retired? living the life fishing those lakes regularly lol

I've been fishing 4 nights a week at my local lakes (Lake Tansi) but really want to get back down to CH and DH , my biggest problem is 3 min to Tansi and an hour to CH , catching some fish but nothing bigger than 4lbs the last couple of weeks
I'm not retired. I don't have a wife or children so all my free time goes to fishing. Old Hickory is only 5 minutes from the house but I consistently catch better and more fish at the other lakes around here. Dale Hollow is a 1.5 hour drive, CH is an hour and fifteen, and JPP is about an hour. I don't mind the drive to be honest. Although I'm not sure how many more trips my old truck has left up those hills going to DH and CH.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:

Sorry Skillet but that's hilarious!
Old 06-30-2018, 01:18 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:

It was at this point, I seriously considered just leaving at that moment.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:00 AM
Dakota S

Last time I was fishing was a Tournament last Saturday on Old Hickory. Hope to get out in the morning for some JPP trolling for Crappie.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I've been in Destin the past 10 days. Crushed the Red Snappers on Tuesday, been eating them every night since.

Buccaneer, do you have any numbers you can share? We're headed down in a couple weeks.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:45 AM

I've been fishing some, just don't post much anymore.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:01 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post

We all really appreciate the invite. Thanks!!!🤦*♂️👎😂

Old 06-30-2018, 04:58 PM

Been catching walleyes at Normandy lake the past few nights,heading out again here shortly.