FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-06-2018, 07:14 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Default Hero to goat....again

After posting about clients catching 23 hybrids on Saturday afternoon, I believe it's only fair to report ones failures, just to give an honest picture.

Met my clients at 6 AM, (after getting up at 2:30 AM to go catch shad at Lebanon''s Cedar creek) and headed out to one of the previous day's honey holes.

The fish were still there but we could only entice two fish (one hybrid and one catfish)
to bite.

Moved off to honey hole number two, where we had slayed them the evening before. Some fish there, not like the previous trip though, and....no bites.

To shorten this up, we hit #''s 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 with the same results.

So, for a total of 5 hours (on a four hour trip) we caught two fish.

Try explaining that to your clients.

Fishing can be very humbling!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2018, 09:00 AM

That would be tough. But you can't make fish eat
Old 08-06-2018, 06:43 PM

Sorry to here you didn’t do well that sucks, I guess that’s why they call it fishing and not catching.
I hope I didn’t get in your way on a couple of your spots, that was me in the Tracker at 4.5. That was the only fish I caught for the day. I have to thank you for posting awhile back about Lakeshore Marine. Bobby got my boat running better than it ever has, and at a great price to boot.

Thanks for all the help you give us here.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:58 PM

Fishing can be very humbling. I get a chuckle out of my friends that don't fish and they always say how easy fishing is. "You just throw your bait out to where the fish are and real it in". I always challenge them to a free trip in my boat and I'll pay them $50 if they can find a school of bass and catch one. I also have friends that do fish that ALWAYS "catch the crap out of them" every time they go out. I never understand why they try to sell me that story when they know I fish 3-5 days a week and I know better.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:46 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Heiny, I am that guide on the lake that rarely complains about other fishermen getting "too close" or "in my way".

My feelings are such....

No place on that lake is MINE.

Folks can fish right next to me. I appreciate it when they don't tangle my lines though.

I will even invite people to fish around me if the fish are in that area.

There are fish in the lake that have never, and will not ever, see a hook.

I follow the mantra of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Other folks don't feel that way, but I'm only responsible for me.

If I know someone, and they ask about where the fish are, I'll usually tell them. Not that it matters, because as my previous article said, we can't make the fish stay where they were yesterday and if they are there, we can't make them bite.

As a guide, all I can do is have the proper equipment, and baits, and the willingness to drive all over the lake to , hopefully, locate fish. I cannot make them bite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
Sorry to here you didn’t do well that sucks, I guess that’s why they call it fishing and not catching.
I hope I didn’t get in your way on a couple of your spots, that was me in the Tracker at 4.5. That was the only fish I caught for the day. I have to thank you for posting awhile back about Lakeshore Marine. Bobby got my boat running better than it ever has, and at a great price to boot.

Thanks for all the help you give us here.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk