FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-13-2017, 09:48 PM

Default Old hickory report

My son was home on leave this weekend so we hit OH late tonight. Caught 5, a short, 3- 14 inchers and my son caught this nice 3 lb on nighttime spinnerbait in the grass. Everything else on black stick worms in the rocks in station camp. IMG_1546.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2017, 01:50 AM

The bite seems to have really picked up on OH. I fished there a cpl days ago and caught a ton of fish. Quite a few keepers but nothing over 3lbs. I was shocked really. The shad are just waiting fir the water to cool down and move shallow. The shad seemed to be really grouped up
Old 08-14-2017, 07:07 PM

Smile

Thank you're Son for my freedom!

I was conceived in Ft. Richardson and was supposed to be born at Campbell. We are from Nashville so Baptist was a better place for her.

As for fish the only bite I could figure out was rock wall bluffs and a couple
points on a crankbait hitting 10 ' .
Old 08-15-2017, 02:41 AM
Woody

I have been fishing 5-8 foot with 10 1/2" black emerald worm & 8" lizard in the same color. I'm working points & drop offs down around lock 3.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:52 AM

Went out again on OH for just a couple hours this afternoon. THE FISH ARE BITING! Still didn't catch a big one but caught some nice keeper chunks. These fish are really feeding hard because I haven't caught a skinny fish on the hick in my last 2 trips. We all know what the bass can look like in the summer but I'm catching some chunks. The other day I caught them all flipping a 10 inch worm. Today I caught them all on a jig. I never even threw a worm today. I just decided to start with a jig and caught one immediately and just kept it in my hand bc I wanted to catch a big one. But no luck. First trip I fished shallow on the river channel. Today I fished as far back in a creek as I could get my boat.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:22 PM

Got out for couple of hours tonight. Hooked 4 but lost 2 at the boat. Hit on a little bit of everything. Senko, Neko rig, shaky head and nighttime spinnerbait. All solid 14 inches digging like crazy when you catch them. East fork of station camp in rocks close to deep water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk