FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 12-20-2019, 11:24 PM

Default Christmas Eve fishing

Am thinking going fishing Christmas Eve or day since it’s supposed to be in 60s. Looking at center hill lake, Normandy, or Tim’s ford. Tired of fishing priest right now and need a change. I love center hill bu a few posts said water may have turned over and few bites. Don’t know much about ford or Normandy. What does everyone think? Which should I try for this time of year? Their all about the same distance from me. Which would be better fishing this time of year? Do they all drop to winter pool? Any help would be appreciated. Would love to catch a few.
Thanks for any input. Oh yeah. Looking for bass unless I get into some crappie while bass fishing

Last edited by barryburk; 12-20-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryburk View Post
Am thinking going fishing Christmas Eve or day since it’s supposed to be in 60s. Looking at center hill lake, Normandy, or Tim’s ford. Tired of fishing priest right now and need a change. I love center hill bu a few posts said water may have turned over and few bites. Don’t know much about ford or Normandy. What does everyone think? Which should I try for this time of year? Their all about the same distance from me. Which would be better fishing this time of year? Do they all drop to winter pool? Any help would be appreciated. Would love to catch a few.
Thanks for any input. Oh yeah. Looking for bass unless I get into some crappie while bass fishing
Dale Hollow, take some live shiners and get some good smallmouth
Old 12-21-2019, 12:18 AM

Thought about dale hollow but it’s such a long drive for me. But it’s a thought
Old 12-21-2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryburk View Post
Thought about dale hollow but it’s such a long drive for me. But it’s a thought
I've been wanting to go the DH but hard to not go to Chickamauga this time of the year, thats probably too far from you
Old 12-21-2019, 03:45 AM

I'll be at Dale Hollow on X-mas day for sure and maybe even X-mas eve if we don't work. I know most of you are with your families on those days but if someone wants to go fishing then you are welcome to go with me. I don't really know what patterns are working at Dale Hollow right now but I hear the fishing is very good.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I'll be at Dale Hollow on X-mas day for sure and maybe even X-mas eve if we don't work. I know most of you are with your families on those days but if someone wants to go fishing then you are welcome to go with me. I don't really know what patterns are working at Dale Hollow right now but I hear the fishing is very good.

Dale Hollow Lake Tennessee Fishing Report: 19 Dec 2019
Dale Hollow
Reservoir Conditions: Fishing is good. The water temperature is 52 degrees and the lake is rising.
Smallmouth Bass: Lots of smallmouth are being caught on jigs and live bait while fishing points in 20-30 feet of water.
Largemouth Bass: Several largemouth are being caught on jigs, spinnerbaits, and crankbaits while fishing the creeks in 5-15 feet of water.
Crappie: A few crappie are being caught while fishing grass on the main lake in 10 feet of water.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:27 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Dale Hollow
Reservoir Conditions: Fishing is good. The water temperature is 52 degrees and the lake is rising.
Smallmouth Bass: Lots of smallmouth are being caught on jigs and live bait while fishing points in 20-30 feet of water.
Largemouth Bass: Several largemouth are being caught on jigs, spinnerbaits, and crankbaits while fishing the creeks in 5-15 feet of water.
Crappie: A few crappie are being caught while fishing grass on the main lake in 10 feet of water.
Where did you get this fishing report?
Old 12-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Always Learning

I saw TWRA's Region 3 report on FB saying the exact same thing. I will be going Thursday the 26th if all works out... In addition to the shiners, I'll be throwing small swimbats, silver buddy, ned rig, maybe a small jerkbait. I'll probably stay focused on SM bite, but if not happening, I'll venture back in the creeks. From past trips in winter, artificials need to be fished slower than slow but will still catch em. I hope the Obey Market (formerly Dale Hollow One Stop) has their shiners stocked up!
Old 12-21-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Where did you get this fishing report?

https://tnfishingreport.com/fishing-...hollow-report/

Co-woker lives on the mid-lake, says crappie and walleye are in/on the channel breaks. Confirms the lake is on fire at the moment his neighbor is a SM guy. Report updates Thursdays.

Last edited by notorious; 12-21-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Dale Hollow
Damn, now I want to go to Dale Hollow and try to get my PB smallie
Old 12-23-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Dale Hollow
One fish, went to DH Sunday morning , put in at the east end of the lake and the water was chocolate milk, cruised up the river past the mud and the lake was gin clear , fished the clear water for several hours , hit points from 10 to 30 ft of water with jigs and swim baits , hit creeks and back of creeks with swim baits, spinners and crank baits , nothing, found baitfish but couldn't mark any fish , went back and fished the muddy/clear transition and caught a 14" SM on a wiggle wart in 15' water, water temps 48
Old 12-27-2019, 09:35 AM
Always Learning

Made it up yesterday and stuck with shiners and swimbaits. All fish were just as planned...30' deep, points. Never went past the 2nd point of any creek or hollow. No schools to be had for me, just one fish per spot it seemed. Water temp 50-53 fishing lower lake. Water clear with a little color. Here are my best four.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191226_091829 (002).jpg (3.22 MB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 20191226_103413 (002).jpg (2.92 MB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 20191226_120127 (002).jpg (2.85 MB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 20191226_142933 (002).jpg (2.59 MB, 35 views)
Old 12-29-2019, 08:31 AM

Nice fish!